The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Rossell

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Rossell » Mon May 10, 2021 9:30 am

There's a new cycle/walking trail near me. A notable feature is a 1km long tunnel that's dimly lit. It's to help protect the bat population so they ask politely no lights.

Most locals adhere to it, most out of town wankers don't. Bastards.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon May 10, 2021 9:55 am

Having a 1 km long dimly lit tunnel is just asking for trouble :?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 pm

I'll concede that to a degree here's what it looks like:

https://greenwaysandcycleroutes.org/wye ... -greenway/

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed May 12, 2021 10:55 am

Correndous Hunt wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:23 pm
Divorcing an individual on the psychopathy spectrum / kids involved.

Gentlemen, I cannot even.
Only just seen this, Paul. Wow that sucks. What happened? Give us the juicy deets :o

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

FUCKING.

JIRA.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Drarok wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am
FUCKING.

JIRA.
Should be so good. But it just isn't.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Drarok wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am
FUCKING.

JIRA.
Being a dev I only have to lightly touch it. But the number crunchers love it :(
-- To be completed at some point --

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed May 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Pew-Pew wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 10:55 am
Correndous Hunt wrote:

Only just seen this, Paul. Wow that sucks. What happened? Give us the juicy deets :o
It'd take a substantial amount of time to write it all up.

TL;DR - the term 'narcissist' is thrown about with gay abandon these days, but there is such a thing as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's real, it fucking sucks, and my soon to be ex wife has it.

Basically, total lack of empathy (and I don't mean 'a bit cold' - I mean she has no fucking empathy, ever), unbelievable sense of entitlement, victim complex like no other and a total inability to act reasonably, even in relation to the children. Oh, and endless explosions of anger. Rage, even. Dealing with that for damn near a decade has fucking broken me. I couldn't do it any more. I very nearly ended it all (I'm fine now) but fortunately I came to my senses at the last second and got the hell out.

The good news is I have an extremely strong case against her.

... the bad news is that she's about find out, and holy hell. The repercussions will be biblical.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 am

Correndous Hunt wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:37 pm
Pew-Pew wrote:
Correndous Hunt wrote:

It'd take a substantial amount of time to write it all up.

TL;DR - the term 'narcissist' is thrown about with gay abandon these days, but there is such a thing as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It's real, it fucking sucks, and my soon to be ex wife has it.

Basically, total lack of empathy (and I don't mean 'a bit cold' - I mean she has no fucking empathy, ever), unbelievable sense of entitlement, victim complex like no other and a total inability to act reasonably, even in relation to the children. Oh, and endless explosions of anger. Rage, even. Dealing with that for damn near a decade has fucking broken me. I couldn't do it any more. I very nearly ended it all (I'm fine now) but fortunately I came to my senses at the last second and got the hell out.

The good news is I have an extremely strong case against her.

... the bad news is that she's about find out, and holy hell. The repercussions will be biblical.
Probably innappropriate, but... Dios mío

Did she not show any signs of this kind of thing before you got married etc?

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu May 13, 2021 8:03 pm

Pew-Pew wrote:
Probably innappropriate, but... Dios mío

Did she not show any signs of this kind of thing before you got married etc?
:lol:

Not inappropriate. Actually gave me a much needed chuckle.

Other people saw through her act, yeah. She kept it up with me quite well. I did see red flags, but she was doing the whole love-bombing thing and was hot as hell. Not my finest hour... lessons learned, and all that.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri May 14, 2021 3:45 am

True narcissists, borderline personalities, and the like, these are the people that 'cast a spell' on you - it's utterly intentional, and innate, like a spider spinning a web. Hell, I fell for it just six years ago, and at that point I'd been a psychiatric nurse for 20 years! She was BPD and NPD, mixed together in a hot redheaded succubus of a woman.

The love-bombs, yeah, that's a tactic that works for sure. Men are in general so unused to hearing praise for anything at all that we practically stumble over ourselves in the chase, when someone like this comes along. Also the good-in-the-sack part of it - says she'll do "anything for you," etc. Once you're trapped in that web, the screws start turning, to mix metaphors. I could go on and on as far as this subject is concerned. I'd spoken about this ages ago, on the old PW forums, and got some feedback from a few of you with anecdotes of past relationships. I think it's a right of passage for most young men to suffer through at least one BPD or NPD relationship. Many men never escape at all, doomed to a life similar to that of a chained, whipped hound. Glad you're getting untangled from it all.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri May 14, 2021 7:45 am

Going down a few steps to mild and inconsequential grievances, I decided on a whim to get a Kellogg's variety pack to have a break from the mundanity of Weetabix and reminisce about how they were an occasional childhood treat. I am not impressed.

First (and this is my fault), I hadn't accounted for the fact that each pack contains about a quarter of a bowl of cereal. I don't know if they've got smaller, but I've certainly got bigger since I last had one.

Worse than that though is the lack of variety in a variety pack. You used to get maybe one duplicate (usually the one you never wanted), but in this pack I got:

1x Frosties
1x Corn Flakes
2x Coco Pops
4x Rice Krispies

Four bloody Rice Krispies?! What happened to Crunchy Nut, or even Special K? I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. Four! :x

This is peak Brexit Britain.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:45 am
Going down a few steps to mild and inconsequential grievances, I decided on a whim to get a Kellogg's variety pack to have a break from the mundanity of Weetabix and reminisce about how they were an occasional childhood treat. I am not impressed.

First (and this is my fault), I hadn't accounted for the fact that each pack contains about a quarter of a bowl of cereal. I don't know if they've got smaller, but I've certainly got bigger since I last had one.

Worse than that though is the lack of variety in a variety pack. You used to get maybe one duplicate (usually the one you never wanted), but in this pack I got:

1x Frosties
1x Corn Flakes
2x Coco Pops
4x Rice Krispies

Four bloody Rice Krispies?! What happened to Crunchy Nut, or even Special K? I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. Four! :x

This is peak Brexit Britain.
I've been buying them for the kids on occasion recently, and can confirm the above. TBH I wouldn't even consider them for myself, as after pouring a box into a bowl it's clear it's a small portion even for a child (usually give them a slice of toast or something with it).

And it should be 2x Rice Krispies and 2x Rice Krispy shapes, which are obviously very, very different beasts :lol:

You can probably guess which boxes don't get eaten and which are stacked 10-high in our kitchen because I basically never throw anything away ever....

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am

What we’re all seem to be ignoring here is the libellous diss of the king of breakfasts cereals. Mundanity?! Weetabix?! You sir deserve more than the 4 Rice Krispies you got in your ‘variety’ pack for that assault. I would even go so far as to wish you got even bran flakes in amongst them as well.

The peak brexit Britain comment did make me laugh though so i‘ll let you off. :D

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri May 14, 2021 9:41 am

Medicine Man wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:22 am
What we’re all seem to be ignoring here is the libellous diss of the king of breakfasts cereals. Mundanity?! Weetabix?! You sir deserve more than the 4 Rice Krispies you got in your ‘variety’ pack for that assault. I would even go so far as to wish you got even bran flakes in amongst them as well.
:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love Weetabix and it's my breakfast of choice. But sometimes I yearn for something even more exhilarating, being the breakfast adrenaline junkie that I am. I've even dabbled with chocolate Weetabix... the allure was too much to resist. :oops:

Meanwhile, in America they're eating this calamity which is 55% sugar.