Loop Hero

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
eny

Re: Loop Hero

Post by eny » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:32 pm

I'm just getting to grips with the Necro now, defeated the chapter 2 boss once but got overwhelmed trying to farm after. Then I discovered how the guy works and the secret is to focus on skeleton numbers, quality and judicious XP trait picking. Beat her again last night, but needed a resurrect to finish her, as I didnt focus owt on my HP, but then had a fantastic full farm after, and now have a full camp, so might have a go at Chapter 3 next. Such a great little game! :D
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:15 pm

eny wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:32 pm
I'm just getting to grips with the Necro now, defeated the chapter 2 boss once but got overwhelmed trying to farm after. Then I discovered how the guy works and the secret is to focus on skeleton numbers, quality and judicious XP trait picking. Beat her again last night, but needed a resurrect to finish her, as I didnt focus owt on my HP, but then had a fantastic full farm after, and now have a full camp, so might have a go at Chapter 3 next. Such a great little game! :D
I found the key with the necro is to take the ancestral tomb golden card, as although it's not clear from the description, for every enemy you kill with a soul (which you can see in the encyclopedia) you gain +3 max hp. If you design your deck so you're only spawning those enemies, you can quite quickly rack up an impressive hp count. For my chapter 4 run I didn't run any mountains or meadows for hp/healing respectively, with the tomb they're just unnecessary.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:02 pm

Yeah I didn't use mountains or meadows either, I found skeleton numbers and level, along with the river and thickets raising attack speed were key. I used the Arsenal card for the extra slot. Will give the AT card another try now that I've got some idea about what to focus on.

– Abraham Lincoln

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:07 pm

eny wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:02 pm
Yeah I didn't use mountains or meadows either, I found skeleton numbers and level, along with the river and thickets raising attack speed were key. I used the Arsenal card for the extra slot. Will give the AT card another try now that I've got some idea about what to focus on.
Yeah, definitely. The arsenal is great for the other classes, but the fact it lowers all equipment quality by 15% is a real killer for the necro. As you said it's all about getting the skeleton level, number of skellies and attack speed as high as possible.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm

The other thing that didn't help was the Watchtower men convo, and then them firing their arrows at me! That made me laugh! :lol:

– Abraham Lincoln

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:29 pm

eny wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm
The other thing that didn't help was the Watchtower men convo, and then them firing their arrows at me! That made me laugh! :lol:
Lol, yeah, I think everyone must make that mistake once :lol: