Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Raid
Local

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Raid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:21 pm

I think my biggest takeaway is that I shouldn't dash in to get you back on your feet without first securing the area. Coming straight from Gears co-op, where a downed partner can be killed almost immediately, I don't think there's quite as much urgency in this. That convoy blunder probably could have been saved as I'd managed to jump out of the chopper prior to the engagement starting, and I don't think they knew where I was (all of my weapons were still silenced) until I ran in to heal the two of you.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:44 pm

Having an absolute blast with this on what will now be, I think, my sixth playthrough (207 hours co-op logged, 47h solo, 12,500 enemies killed and 4.5 million metres travelled in vehicles).

God I love this game - as a co-op experience it rewards and amuses in equal measure. Still space for a fourth ghost on the squad if anyone wants to join us (PC)?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:04 pm

I love how you can wipe out several times the population of the island in this :lol:

Any of the new content get added yet?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am

What new content Animal? We are all discussing Wildlands rather than Breakpoint :D

What I have seen from Breakpoint in the little I have played is that in addition to giving an option to remove the daft gearscore that they imported from The Division, they have also given options to remove a lot of the drones (so basically making it play more like Wildlands). Also, there are options to play a set of missions where Terminators are a thing within the game, plus another version of the island where some kind of gas has been used that you need a mask to explore.

Seems quite a lot there, I will get to it at some point, the only shame is that Breakpoint is so completely soulless. I don't know what it is, but it lacks the character of Wildlands.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:54 pm

Forgot you where playing Wildlands.

Yeah I've played the Terminator stuff and the free bits of the others. I think there's other stuff being added shortly but it might just be Tomb Raider fluff. I'm tempted to reinstall either Wildlands or Breakpoint to see how it runs on new console.

I agree with you on how void of character Breakpoint seems to be compared to the previous game, it's all a bit bland and empty. Still a good game though.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 pm

I find myself dipping into it and it is enjoyable enough in itself.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:37 am

We've roped Raid into our Breakpoint TGA Ghosts squad! Anyone else with the game that wants to jump into our co-op evenings, feel free - we seem to be on fairly regularly. Just check Discord :)

I'm a bit of a PITA due to me being in California, and on a hotel wi-fi for now, but still is surprisingly stable when I'm connected.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:44 am

Must say, anyone looking for some co-op with fellow Gamers Arms regulars, we are having a blast almost every evening and on weekend days. Through some miracle Ubi have managed to take the hideous broken mess of a looter-shooter that was Ghost Recon Breakpoint and turn it into a really enjoyable co-op experience.

They have added options to turn off the drones for the most part, turn off the gearscore shite so you are able to kit yourself out as you want to with gear that suits your playstyle, added in some fun roles with a series of things to do to complete each level of the role. Additionally the AI has a sweet spot that allows you to recover a hasty seen kill so that the balloon doesn't immediately go up. The mission structures are good fun, with several steps to take in many of them across different areas of the island chain.

The story is execrable Clancy crap, and the UI is a bit of a mess, but you can ignore the former and the latter doesn't take long to learn your way around.

Oh, and it has the most horrible, visceral knife takedowns I have ever seen.

And we have one more space in the squad. Join Solitaire surgically whittling bases down from overwatch, Raid gleefully raining death from above in helicopter gunships and me ripping it up with a chunter-cannon when I am not slitting throats. Your forum needs you.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:55 am

I might pick it up on sale at some point. I had fun with Wildlands in co-op but the grind of repeating the same missions over and over on that enormous map which was filled with icons eventually wore us out. I think we felt like we'd seen everything it had to offer and were only at a low percentage for map completion, and the fact that the game felt a bit more arcadey than proper tactical couldn't keep us interested.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:54 pm

It's surprising they haven't mentioned a new Ghost Recon game yet. It's Ubisoft, they live to churn out games. I appreciate the support they're giving Breakpoint and genuinely tried to fix the mess they made of it. But I actually wouldn't mind seeing a new game on the horizon set somewhere a bit more interesting than an island filled with drones.

Yeah the knife takedowns are just nasty sometimes...

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:11 pm

Some pics from the latest outing:

Stylish 'exploding helo' backdrop

The PW Ghosts and the 'fun bus', our stupidly heavily armed helicopter gunship that has the aerobatic grace of a dead pigeon (who is missing a wing).

And again

On a beach at dawn, with a dead friend. Raid's gun is both near, and far away...

Later that night after a superb Ghost run on our last mission. Infiltrating a mountaintop base populated by the Wolves, the elite enemies.I went sneaking in with my pistol to make as little sound as possible, with overwatch from Raid and Soli. At one point I shot a guy and his friend, but had not appreciated they were in the eyeline of another enemy. Before the balloon could go up I saw the trail of a sniper round whipping past me and taking out the guy who had seen the body fall. So damned cool :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:03 pm

I recently (mainly due to this thread) updated both Wildlands and Breakpoint. Well, I say updated it ended up being full downloads for both...
oh well.

I'd love to join you lot but my gaming slot is never at a convient time. Maybe one day we'll all sych up :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Just so you're aware Ian, your images aren't loading for me. You may need to try a different host.

I also took some screenshots. I reckoned we needed a recruitment poster.

Then I figured we needed a more accurate description of our tactical objectives.

And then I accidentally crashed the Gamers Arms Ghosts Official Fun Bus trying to hover outside the window of our mission objective.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:43 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:03 pm
I recently (mainly due to this thread) updated both Wildlands and Breakpoint. Well, I say updated it ended up being full downloads for both...
oh well.

I'd love to join you lot but my gaming slot is never at a convient time. Maybe one day we'll all sych up :)
We are on quite a bit just now - if you hop into the TGA Discord channel you can be sure to catch us when we are on matey
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 am

I caved and picked up Breakpoint. Can't help but reminisce over the old GRAW days and want back into the Ghost squad.