A Bantha-load of new Star Wars stuff

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Raid
Local

A Bantha-load of new Star Wars stuff

Post by Raid » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:50 am

So Disney are going hard on the Star Wars TV shows.

https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lu ... s-revealed

Firstly there's the much rumoured Obi Wan series featuring Ewan Mcgreggor, and seemingly Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader (although how that's meant to work given that it's set after RotS and Vader is like eight feet tall by this point and voiced by James Earl Jones, I don't know).

Then there's Ahsoka, which will be live action and starring Rosario Dawson who portrayed her in the Mandalorian, so presumably will be set in the same time period.

They're apparently making a series based on Lando Calrissian, and another on Cassian Andor.

There's a new animated show featuring a squad of clone troopers that first appeared in Clone Wars.

Finally the next film will be "Rogue Squadron", which suggests lots of starfighter action, which happened to be my favourite part of Rogue One.

It feels like every single character that has appeared in a Star Wars series is there to judge fan reactions so that they can base a new series around them.

Wrathbone
Local

Re: A Bantha-load of new Star Wars stuff

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:25 am

Raid wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:50 am
and seemingly Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader (although how that's meant to work given that it's set after RotS and Vader is like eight feet tall by this point and voiced by James Earl Jones, I don't know).
Could it be that they'll show more of him without the mask on, perhaps in his meditation chamber thing from Empire?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:29 am

I'm looking forward to Acolyte which will be set in the High Republic times. I enjoyed Kotor all those years ago and I'd love to see more of star wars past.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:33 pm

So the trailer for The Book of Boba Fett is out:

It doesn't look great, but it's probably going to be of the same quality as The Mandalorian, so hopefully it's just a bad trailer. I think my problem is that Temuera Morrison is 61, and it means Fett doesn't look especially dynamic when he has his helmet off (so can't easily be played by a stunt actor).

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:49 pm

helmet on - stunts galore, kick boxing and laser sharp reflexes

helmet off - cup of herbal tea please
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4