Brit Box

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Achtung Englander

Brit Box

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

Launched today, out of Beta. So the first month is free. I signed up to see whats on it

Its.....er.....ok I suppose. Almost everything has been on iPlayer, Netflix or More 4. I would have really liked if BBC, CH4 & ITV just dived into their archives of classic dramas and documentaries. Imagine there must be millions of hours of really good telly they could have made available. All those shows, one off plays and dramas we grew up with.

What we get instead is content that I would hazard a guess 50% post 2010. Stuff that was already available.

For me to support this post the first several months they need expand this by 10 fold. I would be interested in seeing some classic Parkinson, Film 7- or Film 8-. Play on 2, and stuff from the 80s when Ch4 experimented with some zany TV (not the red triangle guff) like Max Headroom.

Lets see. I read that on Boxing Day almost all the Doctor Who archive will be on it. Something like that, yes please.

On the whole I would give this launch a C+

https://www.britbox.co.uk/
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Re: Brit Box

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:20 am

I could be tempted for some of the stuff from the 80s and 90s, but I've so many other things to watch that I've no real incentive to sway me. How the BBC have the balls to put their name to this when they already charge a silly amount for the TV licence is beyond me.

Achtung Englander

Re: Brit Box

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:00 am

true

It also needs to do something different. It just has enough content (for me) to warrant 1 to 2 months sub and that is it. Note to self - watch those shows on Brit Box next. If they do not add more shows (like a lot) than this is a waste of money.

Its worth it on purely on an ad-hoc basis.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4