Outriders

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Outriders

Post by Snowy » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 am

Played this last night for a couple of hours. Seems alright, bit like The Division with less open world and shorter missions. I will look to hook up with others while playing as suspect it would be a better co-op experience.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:07 am

This feels like a 2008 ass B grade Gears clone.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am

I'm surprised people didn't get that from the trailer. Looks exactly like every other grindy looter shooter on the market right now, I'm not sure where the hype for it came from.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:15 am

Not played yet, sounding like I should just uninstall already :lol:

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am

Mantis wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 am
I'm surprised people didn't get that from the trailer. Looks exactly like every other grindy looter shooter on the market right now, I'm not sure where the hype for it came from.
Painkiller and Bulletstorm hold a helluva sway. ;)

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:49 am

I don't think it is much like a Gears game, cover is very much optional and once I got my powers I was hardly spending any time in cover. It's certainly a game that is rough around the edges but combat feels good and it reminds me a lot of Remnant from the Ashes.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

The powers are fun but I don’t think the shooting feels good. Remnant felt a whole lot better. What it reminds me of is Blacksite for some reason :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Game wanted me to create an account with Square Enix before playing. Fuck off and uninstalled.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:31 pm

Have been playing this for a few hours now and so far I'm enjoying it. Bit rough around the edges and not exactly a looker but not bad. Character creation is very rudimentary so don't expect to spend ages making your ideal avatar, but it does the job.

I went for the tank class where you can send out a mini shockwave and dive into enemies bursting them into mulch. It's very Gears of War but with super powers. Beat the first few bosses without dying and thought I was all that but later in the game you can get swamped by enemies and chewed to bits. That can get a little frustrating and feels cheap.

Definitely worth a go, console download was just under 50Gb so not a massive commitment.

And then the servers stop working and you can't play your single player game ](*,)

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:00 pm

So getting more into this and still very much having fun. There have been server issues (was down most of Saturday) and they've already had to disable cross play due to problems. I'm only ever going to play this as a SP game so having to rely on servers makes it frustrating.
On up the upside, it runs very well, load times are super quick and not a single micro-transaction to be found! The story is decent enough with all the interactions voice acted and motion captured. Combat is balls to wall and super satisfying when you pull it off right, a horrible mess if you don't. Replaying the same encounter multiple times is a bit shit until you get it. You can respec your progression points at any time if your not happy but you are stuck with the class you picked at the beginning, which is poo.

All said it's a solid game and relatively trouble free (when the servers aren't down...)

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:52 am

Just me playing this is it? Ok then :(

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 am

I've been working my way through it and have really enjoyed it. The combat is really punchy with the powers being a lot of fun to use. Loot is interesting and the game is very generous with epic drops. The crafting system is great, allowing you to swap in any mods that you have discovered with ease is a brilliant design choice. The combat arenas are perhaps a tad dull but some of the environments themselves are really good, especially when you get later in the game. I've been enjoying the story and characters and have read quite a bit of the lore stuff which is not something I usually do which probably says something about the quality of the world People Can Fly have created.

If I have one complaint it is that the checkpointing can be a bit off at times, asking you to repeat multiple areas oh and the final boss can do one. I long for the day a game makes me beat the boss once and then just says "Well done, game over".

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:40 am

Yeah the combat areas are so obviously signposted there's no spontaneous combat in the game really, which is a shame. The checkpointing has made me turn the game off several times , having to fight the same waves of enemies multiple times just to die and repeat, rage inducing.

Which build did you go for? Wish I'd picked something other than the devastator one.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Trickster, close range, which works pretty well except for fighting bosses but I got a nice legendary LMG near the end which carried me through. Ended up taking about 30 hours to complete the story with a few hunts and wanted tasks left to do.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:20 pm

I went trickster in the beta and went technomancer in retail and its a rubbish class so far, not that I’m that far. Trickster might be the only one that’s somewhat fun. It’s such a jank 360ass game