Pokemon Snap

Console Country!
Asherons

Pokemon Snap

Post by Asherons » Sat May 01, 2021 4:06 pm

went ahead and picked up Pokemon snap. pretty chill game, got it for playing with my kid, last night he was getting absolutely pumped up about seeing new Pokemon.

Remember playing the original on the nintendo 64 so also bought it for nostalgia. fun game, only on the first area daytime/night time runs and will enjoy having it in my collection

Raid
Local

Re: Pokemon Snap

Post by Raid » Sat May 01, 2021 4:26 pm

I was vaguely interested until I realised it was on-rails. I shouldn't be surprised given how terrible the open worlds in all of the other 3D Pokemon games look.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Sat May 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:26 pm
I was vaguely interested until I realised it was on-rails. I shouldn't be surprised given how terrible the open worlds in all of the other 3D Pokemon games look.
yeah, its pretty similar to the original on N64. I suggested offering it to my nieces to let them play it and my wife wouldn't let me till she is done with it lol, shes enjoying it quite a bit.

Open world pokemon game would be pretty badass, there is one coming out eventually called Pokemon Legends

here is a clip

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat May 15, 2021 1:58 pm

Yeah, that was what I was alluding to. New Pokemon Snap looks better graphically - Legends Arceus looks like it could have been made for the Gamecube, and it was the same with Sword and Shield. It's like the designers are allergic to geometry detail. It feels like they're trying to go for a similar style to Breath of the Wild, but BotW had a vastly better lighting engine that suited the painterly look.

I desperately wish they'd make a mainline Pokemon game that didn't feel so... lazy. It's like they know the games will sell millions regardless of how much they spend on production, so they just don't bother.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat May 15, 2021 2:19 pm

They just fill it with the shit Pokémon anyway.

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.