Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Xbox & Microsoft News/Discussion

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:23 pm

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:09 pm

It's also available for free on Steam if you don't want the faff of going through the Microsoft garbage.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 pm

So the Microsoft showcase was just one thing I want to try after another, and with most of it seemingly coming to Gamepass for free, there's a good chance I'll actually do that. I can't say there was anything that truly stood out as a must-have though; there were a few with promise to be, but that we don't really know enough about yet. Starfield, now an XBox (and presumably PC) exclusive, could well be, but they really didn't show enough to warrant that much hype - I do like that it appears to be a somewhat more grounded experience rather than high-fantasy Star Wars stuff. Redfall looked promising, I'm guessing it's a Left4Dead style co-op shooter, but with Vampires instead of zombies. It's just a shame that they decided to announce it with nothing more than a CGI trailer.

Replaced certainly looked promising; another pixelly 2D adventure by the look of it, but good god it looked beautiful.

Also, how rare is it for someone other than Blizzard to announced the launch date of a Blizzard game?

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:06 pm

That looks incredibly nice.

I'm excited that the Left 4 Dead spiritual successor Back 4 Blood is coming straight to Gamepass. I'll be all over that one on launch day.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Yeah, me too. Fancy a game? :P

To be honest I forgot that was news, as it was leaked the other day.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:24 am

I thought the Microsoft conference was pretty strong, a lot of quality titles and Game Pass continues to look incredible value. Replaced looked fantastic and MS Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 5 both looked incredible in terms of graphical quality.

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:02 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:24 am
I thought the Microsoft conference was pretty strong, a lot of quality titles and Game Pass continues to look incredible value. Replaced looked fantastic and MS Flight Sim and Forza Horizon 5 both looked incredible in terms of graphical quality.
Friend of mine is the art director on Forza, been playing the latest build of Horizon 5 with him and its pretty great. We also got mashed and flew around the midlands on Flight Sim :lol:
Gamepass is great. I'm looking forward to seeing whether their cloud gaming platform will work, I guess the main concern would be latency on the I/O, it would be really irritating to be even a fraction of a second behind in like an action game or something.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:32 am

That Avengers game that cost an insane amount of money to make and no one bought is now available on Game Pass. Still not playing it though.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 pm

dont blame you
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:07 pm

Halo: Infinite now has a campaign trailer.

They've certainly ditched the crafted, linear story by the looks of it and it's more of an open-world job this time. Could be fun in co-op, but that's not coming until later so it'll have to stand as a solo experience too.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm

It was announced as open world originally and I think that saw a fair amount of backlash. How much they've changed it over the last year since they had to pull the plug on releasing it remains to be seen but it's been advertised now as being semi-open world with large hub areas.

Either way, the reveal looks quite promising. I only just recently finished marathoning the original games in co-op, so a fresh campaign to jump into when the co-op update comes out will be nice.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:09 pm

5 had an utterly forgettable plot and terrible enemies. This looks much more promising.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:30 am

Mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:16 pm
It was announced as open world originally and I think that saw a fair amount of backlash. How much they've changed it over the last year since they had to pull the plug on releasing it remains to be seen but it's been advertised now as being semi-open world with large hub areas.

Either way, the reveal looks quite promising. I only just recently finished marathoning the original games in co-op, so a fresh campaign to jump into when the co-op update comes out will be nice.
The backlash after the original reveal was mainly over the look rather than the openworld nature. I am yet to be convinced that this needs to be openworld though and the addition of Far Cry style outposts has not allayed my fears. Combat does look good though and I really like the verticality.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm

The main controversy was over the graphics for sure, but I do recall reading about people's concerns about it being open world and looking quite uninspiring. I also faintly remember the announcement that they were basically rebuilding the entire single player experience, which I'm sure stemmed from those concerns.

Either way, it looks like an extra year of development has helped a lot.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:38 am

Mantis wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:31 pm
The main controversy was over the graphics for sure, but I do recall reading about people's concerns about it being open world and looking quite uninspiring. I also faintly remember the announcement that they were basically rebuilding the entire single player experience, which I'm sure stemmed from those concerns.

Either way, it looks like an extra year of development has helped a lot.
Possibly but I think it was pretty hard to get a feel for what the openworld was going to be from the previous footage.