Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Solitaire

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Solitaire » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:08 am

Yay Mantis! And Rusty, too - come find us!

Ian's images loaded for me after the match, but now they're gone. And Chris, great job with the taglines! Two thumbs up
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:59 am

Mantis wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 am
Can't help but reminisce over the old GRAW days and want back into the Ghost squad.
I missed out on the GRAW stuff back in the PW days, something I've long regretted because you all seem to have such fond memories of it. I did play the original GRAW on XBox with a friend when I was at university and had a lot of fun with it, but from what I remember it was a fairly different game to the PC one, and two players is better than one, but not as much fun as a full squad.

I won't be on until this evening, but we've been hanging out in the Discord. There's a dedicated voice chat channel; I've done a little bit of solo play, but have been joining the chat channel while I do to indicate I'm available for co-op.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:52 pm

Just working my way through what I assume is the story heavy tutorial section. Seems fairly fun with everything whacked up to immersive settings, I can't imagine it would have been very fun at launch as a Division style looter shooter.

Only problem so far is that the game seems to be pretty buggy even now. I assume it's some sort of world streaming issue as every now and then when I'm walking across the map the video and audio totally lock up for 5 seconds or so before snapping back. It happens pretty much constantly when I'm driving which makes me think it's something to do with the world bugging out as it loads new sections of the map in for me, as my CPU spikes to 100% whilst it's frozen too. It's incredibly annoying and pretty much makes traveling around unplayable, for instance I just locked up at the exact moment I came up to a bridge full of enemies and by the time the game had unfrozen my car had carried on half way across the bridge and they were all shooting at me.

Hopefully I can find a fix.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Fixed it with a driver update and by opting to run the game in 'Vulkan' mode, whatever that is.

All done with the prologue. Should be able to join you guys for a session at some point during the week.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:37 pm

Vulkan is an alternative to Direct X if my understanding's correct. I'm assuming it's lighter on system demands based on what happened with Doom 2016 when they implemented it (framerates doubled or even tripled).

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:43 am

That's been happening to me, too, Dave - after I updated my nvidia drivers :P and I switch between vulkan and directx, doesn't seem to matter. It's not happening too often, just often enough for me to curse into my mic.

[Edit] I seem to have fixed the issue by going into my nvidia settings. We'll see when I'm back in the co-op mode.
[Edit 2] I seem to have not fixed it completely, after all. Still some stuttering and freezing but not solid 5-8 sec worth.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Reinstalled it yesterday after reading these posts. Can't play with you guys but I'm there in spirit.

Few new weapons and UI changes since I last played. Just buzzing around the island clearing outposts and pretty much ignoring the story.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:20 pm

We've been skipping every cutscene; I know I've played enough Tom Clancy games to last me a lifetime, and there's only so much "something something America, something something terrorists, oorah" I can listen to.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 pm

I watched all the cutscenes in the prologue for what it's worth. Couldn't resist because it was quite clear that the facial animations had more effort put into them for some character skins than others and the chap I picked happened to look like someone had tightly pulled human skin over a skull. It amused me that for every scene he was in his face was a picture of pure disbelief/fear regardless of what was being said.

Couldn't really glean much from the story itself. It's something to do with the Punisher working for Jeff Bezos to keep people out of New Zealand I think.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:35 pm

In a nutshell, that's exactly right, Mantis :)

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:20 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 pm
It's something to do with the Punisher working for Jeff Bezos to keep people out of New Zealand I think.
:lol:

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:34 am

Eny you still about? [edit: yes you are, just spotted your And in other news post :) )

I keep seeing Eny on Breakpoint and wondering if he would like to join us. Jump into the TGA Discord if you do matey.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Was there always 20 levels to unlock for the class system or is that new?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:01 pm

It is new, and makes for a fun set of challenges
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

eny

Post by eny » Tue May 04, 2021 12:46 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:34 am
Eny you still about? [edit: yes you are, just spotted your And in other news post :) )

I keep seeing Eny on Breakpoint and wondering if he would like to join us. Jump into the TGA Discord if you do matey.

Heya Snowy, sorry for the late reply. I may join you online at some point, but am having so much fun with the SP I will leave it at that for now, cheers mate. 👍
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn