Windows 11

Error 304, turn it on and off again.
Hatredsheart

Re: Windows 11

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:53 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:59 pm
good summing up. I expect a lot of people have the same feeling we do. Win 10 ain't broke, why am I upgrading again?
Same here. Wasn't Win10 touted as being the last version of Windows? That didn't last long...
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil
"People's whole lives do pass before their eyes before they die. This process is called 'living' ".

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:36 pm

yep - not upgrading feels like being in a warm bath now.
Games playing : Pedestrian / Firewatch

2Channelwonder

Post by 2Channelwonder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:59 am

I'll watch the video but has anyone been living with Win 11? Whenever I complete this new build I'll have to decide on 10 vs 11 so would be good to have some feedback from people who are sticking with it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:54 am

I have it on my laptop and it’s fine. There are annoyances that are probably mostly about just being different to 10. I’m not a big fan of the centered Start menu but mostly everything else is fine. In not had any crashes so far but then it’s my laptop so don’t get the heavy use of a desktop. I’d probably just upgrade my desktop to 11 too if it met the requirements but my cpu is unsupported and I don’t think I have the tpm module.

I don’t think you are missing anything by not upgrading right now unless HDR is important to you. I also don’t really think you’ll have a great deal of bother if you do but I wouldn’t exactly recommend it since it’sa lot of fuss for little too no payoff.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.