Wireless keyboards

Error 304, turn it on and off again.
Raid
Local

Wireless keyboards

Post by Raid » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:32 pm

I've been using a Corsair K65 for a few years now. It's a tenkeyless RGB mechanical keyboard. It's great, except that I'm finding the thick cable to be a bit of a nuisance (it's not easy to use both my PC keyboard and musical keyboard at the same time, it would be really handy to have the PC keyboard on my lap), and I'm somewhat regretting my choice of a tenkeyless model, so I'm thinking of picking up something new.

What I need is a wireless, fully customisable RGB mechanical keyboard. The RGB is fairly important because when I have a VR headset on my face, it helps me to navigate the keyboard through the tiny nose gap. The problem I'm finding is that a lot of keyboards with fully configurable RGB only give you that option when the cable is connected, and fall back to pre-programmed effects when running on battery. I don't want stupid animations, I don't want rainbow puke, I want to set certain keys to certain colours, and that's it.

I have my eye on Logitech's G915, but it's more expensive than I'd like (£199 on Amazon) and I really don't think I need their low latency Lightspeed connection, not in the keyboard anyway (I'm tempted to pick up the wireless G502 mouse to match, as I do love my wired version). I do however like the ultra low-profile board and the dedicated media controls and volume wheel rather than buttons.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Snowy
Local

Re: Wireless keyboards

Post by Snowy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:55 am

Sorry dude, old school wired keyboard and mouse here.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=