The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by Raid » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 pm

What exactly are these "We do not consent" protesters not consenting to? Are we afflicted with the same level of mask stupidity that the US has seen?

I don't understand what is so bloody difficult to understand about this. Unless you stay apart, or prevent the contents of lungs and saliva reaching other people, you are at risk of catching or transmitting a deadly disease. Sure, there are a few idiots that somehow still cling on to the belief that this is a hoax, but I can't believe whole rallies of people believe that.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:51 pm

A lot of the ones who aren't totally stark raving mad or just out to pick a fight for the sake of it are spouting the argument that further restrictions will kill even more than the virus ever could; that it's not even as bad as flu and that the economic hardship and mental health issues further restrictions have will result in a higher number of deaths alongside enormous damage to the economy which future generations will be lumped with.

Though it kind of falls flat as an argument when you realise that we aren't actually under another national lockdown and that all the real restrictions in place at the moment for non-infected is that we have to wear masks, stay apart from each other and leave the pub at 10pm each night. Naturally none of the protesters had masks on, so if we end up with enforced national lockdown again then it will be just as much their fault.

What will they all say when we're back up to 1000 deaths and with tens of thousands of new infections per day when the winter months start kicking in? Probably blame it all on the youth I imagine.

Testimonies coming in from new uni students in Manchester that private security contractors have literally locked them into their halls of residence too.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:05 pm

I saw signs saying "what pandemic?".....like we need to wait for deaths to be at plague levels before we can accept it, rather than understand that controls are mitigating the number of deaths. These idiots just want to see problems and authoritarianism where it doesn't exist, ffs.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:43 pm

I was up in Aberdeen last week and caught this intelligent banner

Do they think I’d just a governmental medical induced population cull or something?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 am

IQ levels in the minus figures.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 am

eny wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:05 pm
I saw signs saying "what pandemic?".....like we need to wait for deaths to be at plague levels before we can accept it, rather than understand that controls are mitigating the number of deaths. These idiots just want to see problems and authoritarianism where it doesn't exist, ffs.
Strange that the questioning of authority seems to now align itself with more right-wing aspects of society because, for the first time in their life, they think it's affecting them.

Actually it's not strange at all tbh.

EDIT: Also, it's amazing the amount of friends I have that keep telling me it's nowhere near as serious as people make out, and their source is all the same - some shite youtube video.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Aye, the stupidity of the general public is really being shown in these troubled times. Pity you don't need a set level of intelligence to qualify for an opinion.

What I find more worrying though is the susceptibility of people who I know and had some respect for to swallowing this shit. An ex-boss, several ex-colleagues, all spouting anti-mask conspiracy bullshit that as Tommy says is fired at them via the anus of YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc. Whoever thought that the technical marvel of the internet would be used to make people stupider... #-o
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

eny

Post by eny » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Their profiles/spiel usually has "woke" in it, and urgings suchlike: "don't be a sheep", "do your own research", "don't trust the MSM", blah blah blah, then queue a long itinerary of blindly posted memes and "facts" without sources, that a simple google proves are blatantly false....fucking idiots. :roll:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:15 pm

eny wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:30 pm
Their profiles/spiel usually has "woke" in it, and urgings suchlike: "don't be a sheep", "do your own research", "don't trust the MSM", blah blah blah, then queue a long itinerary of blindly posted memes and "facts" without sources, that a simple google proves are blatantly false....fucking idiots. :roll:
"Do your own research"

*Provide academic journals and the views of respectable bodies*

"Not that research"

I do understand why people are in denial. It's new, entirely alien and isn't going away. Doesn't stop me finding it frustrating though.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:38 pm

I think there are better things we can take the piss out of Johnson for than tripping over his tongue (which I do myself ten times a day), like the fact that he can't even remember his own government's supposedly life-saving advice because the whole thing is a fucking shitshow.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 am

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:47 am

Rossell wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:02 am
FFS

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm

To be fair, it looks like a mask that hasn't been used yet...

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:51 pm

Bellshill doesn’t think covid is bad enough....
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.