Sad news about Solitaire

Exciting adventures IRL.
Snowy
Local

Re: Sad news about Solitaire

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2024 9:11 pm

Lenny Solidus wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 5:44 pm
Todd was one of the most genuine and caring blokes I ever had the privilege to call a friend, 20 years somehow elapsed in the bat of an eye. Transparency came so easy to him, and not a single one of us ever took that for granted, I will dearly miss his infectious laugh and a near relentless caring nature that would never ever dwindle. We all thought the world of him, as did everyone here.

During PW for someone so far away from the rest of us to become one of its many community and group pillars, as he did so effortlessly when many had come and gone, he was always present. Arranging together so we could all get on a session wasn't always easy, yet he would do everything he could no matter what difficult circumstance he had to face to make it finally happen, it always made me even more proud and thankful to have him around. He would call us his British buddies, and I never stopped enjoying hearing those particular words from him.

Todd and I planned for weeks to get together and play a session on the series that we had spent literal decades playing side by side. Joining Discord he would always immediately make you feel kind of special, such a lovely lovely guy. Hearing all about his journeys made me feel very much like a hermit, to know someone lived their life that fully while remaining so completely down to earth and against so many personal challenges is what made Todd himself truly special. The messages he would send me in Discord were the absolute sweetest things you could ever read - even in the last few months considering what he had gone through, and I held nothing but admiration love and respect for him and forever shall.

We played together for close to 6 hours that day as he kept telling me how much he'd missed it regaling me with echoes of sessions I'd not recalled in years and how much he enjoyed getting to attend cool game conventions over in the US due to his PW alignment, surprise packages with goodies from him were always a significant treat and so very very appreciated. We talked non-stop which isn't exactly something I do typically any longer, just the two of us at the time - and as much as he was struggling and having to take lengthy breaks during that would see me sat in one spot for 30 minutes protecting his character - I didn't care, would anyone? I knew what it meant to him, I would have gone 12 fucking 16 hours if he'd asked without a second thought. I'm so intensely glad we had that session together now.

Rest now Brother.
Love this mate, beautifully put.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon May 20, 2024 5:07 pm

I found a cousin of Todd's on his facebook page (which is getting no traffic) and took it on myself to message her to explain who we were and ask that she pass on our condolences to his mum - chat posted above.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon May 20, 2024 9:48 pm

Nicely done man, that we could be so fondly remembered by people we never meet face to face. I've no doubt that Todd would be very appreciative.

eny

Post by eny » Tue May 21, 2024 12:16 pm

My memory fails me so much these days, but I seem to recall he is but a day older than me, so that would make it 1968.

My heart sinks every time I think of our, sadly few, but so happy and involved times gaming together, as well as all the opportunities I put off or missed, we have lost a good one, but his energy remains.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:39 pm

What a terribly sad thread to discover on my first visit here in far too long. Todd was, as everyone on here has said, an excellent person who was always absolutely brimming with kindness, good advice and an inspiring amount of positivity. RIP, Soli, I'll certainly remember you with fondness.