Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Alan

Re: Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:40 am

300mil in fundraising in a day. 80mil direct to the Harris campaign with 40% of them recurring monthly. Mostly small contributions, many first time donators. Not a bad loot box and certainly a big vote of confidence!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:24 pm

I do really hope that despite all the noise and headlines, the US voting majority knows that Trump only cares about Trump and he loses again. Hopefully the reaper then catches up with him before another election. Slim hope maybe, but am sticking with it!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Careful, Jack Black will cancel your tour.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:22 am

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:30 am

Oh look, another right-winger making Nazi comparisons. Boy, they restarted doing that that quickly after blaming Trump's assassination attempt on left-wingers doing it, huh?

Given he once referred to his daughter as a "communist that thinks anyone rich is evil", what's the betting that he just can't fathom why she disowned him when he's so rich, and that's a big reason why he's adopted these right-wing nutjob conspiracy theories?

eny

Post by eny » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:29 am

Apparently he's walked back the $45m a month twunt donation now, saying "I don't subscribe to personality cults"...these fuckers...we sort the psychopaths to the top, unpunished is unbounded.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:37 am

eny wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:29 am
"I don't subscribe to personality cults"
Did Elon Musk really say that? Is it possibly the most ironic thing anyone has ever said?

That loud thud you just heard was Alanis Morisette imploding.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:05 pm

– Abraham Lincoln

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:48 am

https://apnews.com/article/harris-suppo ... be7e9eb077

White dudes for Harris. Jeff Bridges shows up says “I’m white, I’m the dude and I’m for Harris”

Gotta love him!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jul 30, 2024 11:56 am

Here's hoping she can really tie the country together.

The US feels like it needs a de-escalation in its political discourse, similar to what we've had these past few weeks. I've been watching and listening to a lot of John Stewart's (who is certainly left-leaning, but a fantastic commentator on political discussion in general) work over the last month, and what really strikes me is that the unbelievably long election build-up is doing that country no favours whatsoever, with the media jumping on and blowing up any political story. A few weeks back they were proclaiming there was simply no way that Biden could be replaced, and now it's that there's simply no way that anyone could challenge Harris, and it sounds exhausting. I felt we had it bad over the 6 weeks prior to our election, despite ours being basically a foregone conclusion, and I can't imagine that same level of intensity for 10+ months with two candidates that are surprisingly close in the polls. It's easy to say that this is instigated by Trump's camp, but both sides have been saying there's a threat to democracy itself and the election is to "Save America" (literally on banners over Trump's rallies). We've already seen the result of a prolonged sense of existential dread, and we're lucky it only ended with a bleeding ear.

I can recommend this episode of John Stewart's podcast, where he has a usually light-hearted but sometimes heated debate with former Fox News anchor Bill O'Reilly. If you're familiar with John's work, it's pretty obvious that the two don't like each other, and to say they disagree is an understatement, but it's an honest,free-form debate held in good faith with no focus on one-upmanship, and I just wish their actual politicians could do the same.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:09 pm

:lol:

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:19 pm

That little glance down at his hands is absolute *chefs kiss*.

I've been following quite a bit of the US election coverage recently, and some of the stuff Trump is spouting now makes me wonder whether he's truly lost it, or whether I'm just not remembering how bad he was in 2020. Obama's talking about his obsession with crowd sizes there, and he's not over-egging this - it feels like literally the only thing Trump cares about at the moment is crowd sizes. Oh he's throwing his usual childish insults out, many of which are still directed at Biden for some reason, but he keeps rabbiting on about crowds. He accused Harris' campaign of faking her crowds "with AI" (they didn't), and then his own used AI-generated images of Taylor Swift and imaginary fans wearing "Swifties for Trump" t-shirts in an utterly desperate-looking bid to pretend she's endorsed him - an endorsement he then accepts. It's pathetic. I don't pretend to know much about Swift, but given her status as one of the most popular musicians in the world, I somehow doubt she's particularly right-leaning.

I can't tell if this is just his usual drivel, or whether he's genuinely unable to remember any of the messaging he's supposed to be talking about. There've been two press conferences he's held where he's had everyday groceries as props intended to demonstrate rising inflation, and he's barely mentioning that entire topic despite standing two feet away from a reminder.

I'd really like to think that Harris is going to win this, but it's still fairly close in the polls (albeit with a swing towards the Democrats since Harris took over). I just reckon a second term is going to either be worse than his first because he's now entirely incapable of governing anything, or he's not actually going to be in control and someone unelected is going to be running the country.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:57 pm

The Swift thing is bizarrely pathetic to say the least. I'm pretty sure she supported Biden at the last election.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:27 pm

Oh she 100% does NOT support Trump, that much is undeniable.

Finally a chink of light in the Media blackout of truth, which I hope will escalate. This orange arse has gotten away with the big lie for far too long:

https://youtube.com/shorts/BVp64s4wTXM? ... HxvZqcSA6t

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Aug 22, 2024 5:23 am

I think at this point he has to just continue to lie in order to keep his own supporters loyal - the second he concedes that the rigged election stuff is all a complete fabrication, his spell is broken. The second the interview was over, I bet he was on Truth Social denouncing the Fake News Media where nobody will challenge him. At this stage he's the head of a cult, not a political party.