Aaand, In Other News...

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Aaand, In Other News...

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:07 am

Maybe it's an age thing? I was in my mid-teens during their heyday and was massively into not only them but the buzz around them... the Oasis v Blur culture war was meaningful, dammit! :lol:

Musically I'd still put Definitely Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory as two of the best albums out there, although I think the quality fell off a cliff thereafter. But when they were good, they were very very good.

But even then, I wouldn't have paid £150 for a ticket, let alone £6,000 :lol:

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:48 am

Their first two albums are stonewall classics, and that's not just a fan thing, plenty of music critics/publications over the years have put those 2 records right up there with the best. They really were absolutely huge in the 90s, on the back of some great music.

Noel had used up most of his best stuff on those first 2 albums and associated b-sides though, so it was slim pickings afterwards.

Having said all that, I wouldn't pay £150 to see them now. Liam's voice is going to seriously struggle and it isn't going to be the same. Back then they were a touring band doing their thing, now it's just an arrangement to make a shitload of money.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:31 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:07 am
Maybe it's an age thing? I was in my mid-teens during their heyday and was massively into not only them but the buzz around them... the Oasis v Blur culture war was meaningful, dammit! :lol:
I was just starting secondary school when they became huge, but I was very much Team Blur over Oasis, and even then I wasn't particularly fussed about Blur.

Give me Aqua any day over them. :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:14 am

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

eny

Post by eny » Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:14 am

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn