Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Drarok

Re: Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Post by Drarok » Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:57 am

Raid wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:35 am
I'm not yet convinced this guy is mentally unstable.
I'd argue that mentally stable people don't attempt murder, even when pushed!
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:28 am

The point I was trying to make was that mental instability quite often results in either a complete lack of reasoning, or extreme leaps of logic. I'm not convinced that applies here. I don't think you could say that any other politician in Trump's position would be planning on ending support for Ukraine, because nobody else views this sort of thing based on the transactional cost. Trump sees everything as a deal, and in his mind the US is not getting a good return on investment for the money its spending on supporting Ukraine, because that value doesn't appear on a balance sheet. Ergo, removing the possibility of him returning to office means there's a better chance of Ukraine continuing to receive US support. That wouldn't be the most spurious logic I've ever seen used for a murder or attempted murder.

I think it's too easy for America to just shrug these things off by saying "oh the gunman was mentally unstable." They've done it for years, and it's a convenient excuse to not look at the actual causes of gun violence (including the actual access to guns). It's much easier to say that someone is "crazy" and that no sane person would ever do it (and therefore the current system doesn't need changing) than to ask hard questions. It's the same as the "one bad apple" logic that gets applied to the misuses of police power.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:42 am

I get the reasoning there alright, if I take this one person out I could be saving hundreds of thousands of lives as well as a country's existence. I think the last guy who actually hit Trump had the same opinion.

As for AK's being available the US , they very much are. I believe there's places you can legally own grenade launchers and 20 mm canons if you have the cash.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:53 am

The story has conveniently buried this corker of a gaffe from yesterday: