Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

Re: Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Post by eny » Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:21 am

Because each state has their own laws regarding it, and the legal challenges from the GOP would be a whole other storm.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:53 am

There must be a provision for this sort of thing, though - e.g. if a presumptive nominee dies or simply decides they've had enough. It would of course be unprecedented (as far as I know) for an incumbent candidate to be snubbed by their party in favour of someone else, but I'd argue this is an unprecedented situation.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:08 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/videos/c3gd174mn7xo
Every little mistake is now international news. He sounds half pissed here.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:10 am

Maybe not electing OAPs could be the lesson here... whoever wins.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:32 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:08 am
Every little mistake is now international news.
Perfectly demonstrating the problem with keeping him as the nominee. Everything becomes less about what is being said and more about how it's being delivered, with every little mis-step now a cause for concern and something Trump can capitalise on. Going up against Donald Trump should be a slam-dunk, it's so easy to disprove basically every thing he says, but that's not the headline story, even in the Left-leaning press. If the outlets that ought to be praising Biden are tied up talking about his capability, nobody is trying to counter the Right letting them run amok.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:32 pm

The "left-leaning" press isn't, which is why there is so much focus on Biden and his gaffs. His team has had a fantastic record these past 4-years, and there is no reason to believe it won't continue, despite his age. I am tired of what the media doesn't focus on — project 2025, the latest Epstein revelations: and crickets. When Trump gets as much call to stand down I will give this Biden barrage credence — double standards, and otherwise dereliction from the media is what will put Trump in place, not the latest slip-up from an otherwise competent man. There are probably 3 or 4 people who could stand in his place, but there will be no guarantee of them receiving the same broad respect and support from the electorate. It is ridiculous that the whole of the US has distilled these 2 people to choose from, and it is even worse that Biden is getting the wall of shit when Trump should be buried by now after all that he has led.

– Abraham Lincoln

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:39 pm

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:55 pm

Flynn telegraphed this months ago..."Black Swan event". I will give my right arm this is staged.

– Abraham Lincoln

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:03 am

Apparently the bullet hit the teleprompter and it was the glass from that that cut Trump
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:52 am

Secret Service failed miserably...there are 4 buildings and a guy apparently managed to belly crawl up a roof...with a rifle....and get off a few shots? Concentric rings of sniper overwatch failed to see this? I don't know enough facts to judge one way or another tbh...but something just isn't right.

– Abraham Lincoln

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:49 am

I’d assume that’s Secret Service rally protection 101, making sure potential sniper points are clear. They must have drones these days checking rooftops they’re not actively covering in person, surely? Or people with binoculars keeping an eye on them. Lots of questions to be answered.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:56 am

I have to agree, the eyewitness the BBC interviewed said the guy was spotted clearly with a rifle, he'd told the police, and nothing was done about it. The suspect, naturally, was shot and killed, so they can't be questioned. The Secret Service are supposedly one of the best security details in the world, and a supporter on the ground noticed the shooter before they did? This doesn't feel natural at all.

How long do you think before Trump blames the attempt on the Biden camp?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:17 am

Raid wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:56 am
I have to agree, the eyewitness the BBC interviewed said the guy was spotted clearly with a rifle, he'd told the police, and nothing was done about it.
This is the clip, for anyone who hasn’t seen it. It’s pretty astonishing and alarming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/c51yly4085lo

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:58 am

Guardian reporting that the shooter was a registered Republican voter...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:10 am

The BBC published this image of the area.

I assumed this was in a city or other built-up area; it's a field! There are like six buildings with sight lines to the rally area to be observing, and the sniper that killed the gunman was directly opposite. I find it difficult to believe the US Secret Service failed to notice someone on one of them. If this wasn't an inside job, then it's absolute bloody incompetence.