So what exactly did the US just shoot down above Alaska?

Exciting adventures IRL.
Lenny Solidus

Re: So what exactly did the US just shoot down above Alaska?

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:16 pm

Whatever these anomaly type objects are, my guess is that they were always present sat way up there in the air, and we were just never intended to witness them. Like silent scouts. Is it an attempt at a soft disclosure? I have no idea and their collection of data is only hinting to us as to what these things are - the very real impact is there are going to be a lot of very concerned people out there when they can't even realistically categorize just how these things are even staying in the air.

Either way, as the Pentagon briefing stated...
This is the first time within the United States or America airspace that Norad or United States northern Command have taken kinetic action against an airborne object.
Those words can either end up as absolutely nothing, or they could well go down in the history books.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:35 pm

Also, the very seemingly intelligent and intentional placement of them all certainly does give pause for thought...

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:44 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:16 pm
Whatever these anomaly type objects are, my guess is that they were always present sat way up there in the air, and we were just never intended to witness them. Like silent scouts.
This is where it doesn't make sense to me. Yes, they're small enough to evade radar, but they're at altitudes where pilots would certainly have visibility of them, and the one in Alaska was described as having a silvery coating, which would reflect sunlight. If they're meant to stay hidden, those two factors seem entirely counterproductive.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:59 pm

While I can agree, we also have no idea if there was something that was secreting them from direct view for so long that perhaps ended up failing or something along those lines. Hell, these could actually be entirely government known *at some level* man-made devices that were technically there for population surveillance or who the fuck knows until something royally fucked up, and the instant ever so hasty uhhh we don't know what these are direct action was required to cover it up. I honestly have no idea, known or unknown, any new developments given to us the public will probably hold very few actual answers. This could be the Truman Show end reveal for all we know.

I know that's bordering on full government conspiracy nut leanings - but given this day and age can we really put it past them?

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:06 pm

given 99% of us have boring lives, I am not sure what's the point of this mass survellance. I know info is power and all that but given the vast bulk of people are pretty mundane it all seems rather pointless. I dunno.

Just to add some salt on all this
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/13/asia ... index.html
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:44 pm
but they're at altitudes where pilots would certainly have visibility of them, and the one in Alaska was described as having a silvery coating, which would reflect sunlight. If they're meant to stay hidden, those two factors seem entirely counterproductive.
Depends on what they're trying to stay hidden from. If it's a mirrored rather than just "silvery" coating it might make it less observable visually, at least from the ground. It's also possible it's another government's best attempt at minimising radar detection. The coating likely doesn't make all that much of a difference when you actually get relatively close to it; from all of my flight sim reading it's actually not too difficult to spot an object floating in the sky (for a trained pilot possessing better eyes than most at least), there's only so much you can do to camouflage an object when the pilot's eyes are directed to almost the exact spot in the sky by helmet cueing systems controlled by radar.

Either way the US obviously knows more than they're making public. This all feels like pretty standard espionage and counter-espionage to me, and it probably goes on all the time. Perhaps the first one that was shot down was public enough that they needed to regain credibility by shooting down a few more just to prove that they could keep north american airspace safe, but they can't say publicly what the targets are because that would reveal too much about their early-warning capabilities.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:16 pm

I suppose that huge balloon could have been seeding the skies with smaller less noticable ones.

I used to work with a couple of guys who insisted that every strange thing that occurred was evidence of aliens. They and people like them must be in a state of near orgasmic panic.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:29 pm

The problem being with people like that is that they only have to be correct one singular time.
'The USAF *really* has some explaining to do when it comes to UAP. People who are surprised at the presence of these objects haven't been paying attention.

'One of the reasons why I've been calling for changes to our sensor and reporting procedures for years.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... years.html

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:33 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:29 pm
The problem being with people like that is that they only have to be correct one singular time.
True :lol:

I would love it to be aliens trying to make contact and really confused why the hairless monkeys keep shooting them down..I mean everyone knows balloons are fucking rad.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 pm

I don't think it's aliens, but I'd love it if it was. Of all the possible extinction scenarios facing humanity, alien invasion is a much cooler way to go than plague or societal collapse.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:54 pm

"...the fuck are you still voting Tory for?!"

eny

Post by eny » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:09 pm

We are already in a global conflict. How kinetic it will get is another matter.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Of course there are some political leaning so called 'UFO' channels that are already deep into the fleecing with fear phase.

edit - I don't need to really go there, so retracted.
Last edited by Lenny Solidus on Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:14 pm

If there are aliens, they are already more advanced than us. Fear will NOT be foremost in their intentions.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:16 pm

"Orders are in sir, they want us to kill the humans."

"Ok, wind the space window down, then lob these tungsten rods out when we're over their capital cities."