Good Server Hosting Providers

Exciting adventures IRL.
Mantis
Landlord

Good Server Hosting Providers

Post by Mantis » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Quick query.

Anyone had any positive experiences with hosting services for reasonable prices? It may be that the forum will move to a new provider come next billing period end.

I've had a Webhosting UK account for a couple of months now and been working on little projects on the side and found them to be incredibly unreliable and sluggish. But then they are very cheap so you get what you pay for I suppose. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Drarok

Re: Good Server Hosting Providers

Post by Drarok » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:34 pm

I keep most of my personal shit on Digital Ocean (referral link), but that might be a level lower than what you're after? They offer one-click installs of a whole LAMP stack so you can get a server up and running easily, but it won't have FTP (which is woefully insecure by default anyway) but rather SFTP which is a totally different thing with a similar name.

Pricing per month for their basic virtual servers:

If you just want some space to upload files to and have them served, I'm very out of the loop. FastHosts exist, are UK-based if you need support? https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/php-web-hosting ? I can't vouch for the quality though.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:04 am

Cheers I'll look into those to see if they suit.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:16 pm

If you get stuck, I'm happy to help. This sort of thing is literally my day job.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.