Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:54 pm

Old game - lets see what comes up

Hitler - 3 degrees: me - Arthur C Clarke (friend) - Wernher von Braun (met) - Hitler (met, probably)

Trump - 3 degrees: me - Arthur C Clarke - Buzz Aldrin - Trump

Almost everyone at Hollywood - 2 degrees: me - Tom Hanks (short letter correspondence via Arthur C Clarke) - Hollywood
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Isn't this just a not very subtle way to say you're besties with Arthur C Clarke? :D

You're riding his coattails raw in your examples.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Did you just want to come and tell us you were friends with Arthur C Clarke?! :mrgreen:
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:47 pm

I can do 3 I think.

Me - I spoke briefly with Ian McKellan after I attended a one-man show he put on a few years ago - Ian McKellan was in X-Men Days of Future Past with James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender - Fassbender and McAvoy were in X-Men First Class with Kevin Bacon.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: One Degree of Arthur C Clarke

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:11 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:43 pm
Isn't this just a not very subtle way to say you're besties with Arthur C Clarke? :D

You're riding his coattails raw in your examples.
:lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:17 pm

I spoke to Sylvester McCoy at a sci-fi con, so I'm one degree separated from the abortion that is the Hobbit trilogy.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:19 pm

My friend's mum is friends with Bernard Hill, and with some help from https://oracleofbacon.org/, he was in A Midsummer Night's Dream with Calista Flockheart, who was in Telling Lies in America with Kevin Bacon.

So that's 5 Bacons. Not sure how many Hitlers I can muster.

EDIT - If we’re going for other tenuous celebrity connections, I went to uni with the cousin of Badly Drawn Boy, who rejected any possibility of coming to do our end of year concert. On a similar line, we were meant to have Rachel Stevens come to a uni Christmas ball, which would have opened links to the illustrious world of early noughties teen pop, but she never turned up. My sister went to uni with a friend of a friend of Trevor MacDonald. Aside from briefly meeting David Prowse, that’s about it.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:35 am

:lol: I kind of over did it with ACC. He is my hero and my only conduit to the "stars"

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:17 am

Achtung Englander wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:35 am
:lol: I kind of over did it with ACC. He is my hero and my only conduit to the "stars"
Haha, no problem with having heroes. I'll change the thread back, was just a bit of joshing :)

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:42 am

Got a friend of a friend who once tripped over Stephen Hawkings wheelchair.

And I myself nearly ran over an indecisive Roger Moore at a zebra crossing on a driving lesson.

Edit: I know that last one doesn't strictly count but thought it was a laugh to include.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:20 pm

I did chat to the author Raymond E Feist once, can't find a connection to Kevin Bacon though.

I walked past Alan Rickman once outside a cinema, think he was at a premier or something. He looked pissed off. Struggling on a connection there too..

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:43 pm

I cut upped Madonna once. She was driving a blue mini and tried to get on to the King's Road in London via a side road. I walked in front of her car and made her stop. She gave me the evils.

In Palma Airport I got a luggage trolley and was not looking and crashed my trolley into Ulrika Jonsson's luggage trolley. She gave me the evils.

I once passed the Queen in Windsor's Long Walk park. This was after Remembrance Sunday. I was with my girlfriend and we literally the only ones in the park. We saw 3 cars driving towards us quite slowly. The Queen was in the first car, driving. She's tiny. Next to her was a massive security guy in the passenger seat. To say he gave me the evils is an understatement. That man did not keep his eye off me for an iota. There were 2 Amercian couples behind us. When they passed them they screamed with joy.

I once passed Jeremy Irons at the Odeon car park in Lower Earley. He didn't give me the evils. He was too busy smoking a cigarette.

Not sure how many degrees all of that is from Kevin Bacon.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:48 pm

I've been in Paul Daniels' house where he taught us some cool shit and talked about various things to do with performing and magic. That was ace. (Edit: I was also the chump pulled up on stage at one of his shows later on.)

My wife and I saw Paul Sinha on the motorway once. We overtook and slowed down several times to check it was really him, but the white suit hanging in the rear seats clinched it — definitely him.

Oh, and I met Wolf (the 90s Gladiator) at the opening of our local Blockbuster. :D
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Drarok wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:48 pm
Oh, and I met Wolf (the 90s Gladiator) at the opening of our local Blockbuster. :D
This is the most 90s thing that has ever happened, anywhere :lol:

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:46 am

I once said “Shit… you’re Mike Patton!” to Mike Patton. He already knew.
He was in Bunraku with Demi Moore who was in A Few Good Men with Kevin Bacon. \:D/
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.