Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Exciting adventures IRL.
Snowy
Local

Re: Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

Post by Snowy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 am

Found this on another forum so will paste it as my knowledge of who starred in what is miniscule, but I believe I have the required six degrees. A friend of mine who lived around the corner from me, their parents were good friends of Brian Blessed and I met him at several gatherings at their house (he is exactly what you expect just swearier). So:

"I'll start with Brian Blessed to Kevin Bacon > Brian Blessed to Charlton Heston -Hamlet > Charlton Heston to Helena Bonham Carter - Planet of The Apes 2001 > Helena Bomham Carter to Kevin Bacon -Novocaine". Six degrees of Bacon. \:D/

Olly Reed is another (chatted to him at a local cricket match where he was a celebrity guest and showed his "wand of lust" to a female local reporter), also thanks to Google:

"Oliver Reed co-starred with Burgess Merideth in Burnt Offerings > Burgess Merideth and Jack Lemmon co-starred in Grumpy Old Men > Jack Lemmon and Kevin Bacon co-starred in JFK" \:D/ \:D/

I also once met Lemmy, who was in The Greatest with Kevin Bacon (thanks IMDB) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Finally I sold a car to Donald Pleasance in the early nineties. Donald Pleasence who was in Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis who was in Queen's Logic with Kevin Bacon. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I am going to stop now, feel like I am grandstanding.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:45 am

Finally I sold a car to Donald Pleasance in the early nineties. Donald Pleasence who was in Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis who was in Queen's Logic with Kevin Bacon. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
you lucky bastard - he is one of my favourite actors. Did you meet him ?
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:14 pm

I did - one of my first jobs was as a car salesman and I worked for Honda and then for Porsche. He bought a 944 Cabrio for his wife, which I remember as it was the first 944 cabrio model I sold (they had only just become available). It was funny - we used to get loads of test pilots who just wanted to test drive and had no intention (or means) of buying, and often the salesmen would eyeball people on the forecourt and decide they weren't worth the effort as there was no sale to be had. Donald Pleasance rocked up in an old cardigan and worn coat and I was the only one to go outside to greet him, so I got the business. He was very nice and wrote a little message to my mum (who loved him as Callan) on a 944 brochure and signed it. I think it may still be at my parents house (sadly mum died, she would know exactly where it was), will see if I can find it and will send you a pic.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:14 pm

that is excellent. I love Donald Pleasence. I would have wished to have met him and talk about his career. I saw a film just like week with him in it - All Quiet In The Western Front.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4