Ukraine

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

Re: Ukraine

Post by eny » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:31 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:56 pm
So is the plan here to blow up a nuclear power plant and irradiate a vast swathe of Europe right on the border of Russia? I wonder if things have gotten that bad they'll use it as an excuse to pull all their troops out of Ukraine and try and save face....by making it uninhabitable for 1000's of years ](*,)

Putin's fantasy re-empire desires are to be realised by:

• destroying The West (democracy), or, in other words, destroy all that wish to be held to account by the truth;
•"empowering" the weak: bribe those poorer nations with promises of support, case in point this week's Afghanistan deal for raisins and "herbal medicines" in exchange for oil; African nation "involvement" such as Wagner thuggery in exchange for gold.
•bring on board any antagonists to The West: Saudi Arabia, N.Korea, China, India, extreme right/left wing entities.

This is part of the terror enterprise, which relies on fear and chaos, so whether it is a threat that will be effected is debatable, but the threat is part of the action.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

eny

Post by eny » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:19 pm

In late July, TIME was allowed to visit a makeshift training centre for Ukrainian pilots, on the condition the reporter be blindfolded. When they pulled it off, the pilots were learning to fly…....... the A-10. It is basically Raid's set-up I think, but there are veteran US pilots who are involved, hoping that conditions will transpire where old A-10s become available for air support...

TIME is paywalled, so I got the archive of it:

https://web.archive.org/web/20220819191 ... ts-russia/

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:09 pm

Akshually I think you'll find the A-10 doesn't have a radar screen!

If the article is actually referring to DCS World, then it's at least a little bit unsettling thinking that the game I've been playing on and off for ten years now may be being used to train pilots for the real aircraft to fight in an actual war and kill actual soldiers. DCS did grow out of a simulator used by the US military, obviously with the classified stuff removed or obfuscated, but it's apparently still fairly true to life (at least when it comes to operation of the aircraft). Thrustmaster sell a licensed replica of the HOTAS for the A-10C so you can get a pretty exact experience of operating the controls. Hell, the free map that DCS ships with is of the Caucasus region (just to the south east of the Crimean peninsula) so even the terrain is going to be similar. No video game is going to make someone capable of handling a real aircraft, but if nothing else, DCS could be used as a familiarisation tool to help Ukrainian pilots move from their Russian equipment to US-style avionics.

If in fact it is DCS, then I'd be a little worried for Eagle Dynamics, the game's developer, because a lot of their development team are Russian.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:16 pm

I was having a lend as to the specifics...but there does seem to be a quite sophisticated level of simulation being used.

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:53 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62621509
Bomb was probably meant for her father. They're blaming Ukraine for it so it reeks of the usual Russian fuckery. Apparently she was a horrible Edwin in her own right so fuck the loss.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:36 pm

Zaporizhzhia NPP staff have been told to go on indefinite leave by Russia...and:

"Authorities in Nikopol warn residents of Russian 'provocation' near Enerhodar.

Yevhen Yevtushenko, head of the Nikopol military administration, told residents who live near the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant to "leave the streets and avoid mass gatherings.""

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:19 pm

An insight into how the GRU operate and infiltrate its agents, in this case, NATO in Italy:

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:26 pm

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:26 am

Probably not the best source to be using mate. Black Rifle Coffee is a right wing, pro Trump, January 6th supporting sort of organization. The details in the article are probably correct but fuck those guys.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:52 am

Shit, I didn't realise it was them...will find another source.

Actually, no, Nolan Peterson is a credible reporter, so I stand by his article. He is respected, and lives in Kyiv. It is hosted on their site, but it doesn't deflect away from his reporting.
Last edited by eny on Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:10 pm

Fair enough. Sorry I wasn't trying to be shitty about it.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:16 pm

No, it's not a problem, I hadn't made the connection myself. He is an ex-USAF SF pilot, so there is the veteran connection, I imagine he is accepting income from wherever atm as he has a family over there. BRF are shady in that they are at the "Fuck Yeah" veteran's end of the spectrum, but do keep a sense of arm's length from full fascist...

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:36 pm

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:35 am

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:03 pm

Lukoil said in a statement that Maganov had "passed away following a serious illness".
Hitting the ground from 6 stories is considered a serious illness in Russia apparently.