Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:46 pm

=D>
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

eny

Re: Ukraine

Post by eny » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:50 pm

Very good :lol:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:42 pm

eny wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm
It isn't as nearly as sinister or organised as you might think. It is no worse than symbolism used by certain metal fans for example. I see a lot of similar nordic, Thor hammer, Vegvisir, Yggdrasil, skull imagery in the bushcrafting/prepper community too, right-leaning maybe, rather than full-on nazi stuff. Every European country has this kind of element to its military — sort it out once the war is over, but every soul protecting the country is needed.
Sure, that could be true for a lot of them. But that death's head is very much not in that camp. That is a full-blown Nazi symbol. It is literally the exact same totenkopf used by the Nazis during WW2, not even some older version.

I don't want to sound like I think that the Ukrainian army are all Nazis, I just think that it's unfortunate that the small number that are get publicised like this in the news without much comment. I bet it's super easy for the Russians to exploit this.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:11 pm

Very interesting video about listening in on Russian communications. Footage of a civilian car getting shredded by a BMP is barbaric.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:38 pm

The Russians are filthy, and I hope they are ground to dust for what they are doing. There was a story only today, 3, maybe 4 people outside their bombed-out apartment block in Mariupol, one was cooking on a small fire, the others sat on a bench near the entrance—slaughtered in cold blood, the one elderly woman still had her hands in her coat pockets.

– Abraham Lincoln

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:32 am

eny wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:00 pm
It isn't as nearly as sinister or organised as you might think. It is no worse than symbolism used by certain metal fans for example. I see a lot of similar nordic, Thor hammer, Vegvisir, Yggdrasil, skull imagery in the bushcrafting/prepper community too, right-leaning maybe, rather than full-on nazi stuff. Every European country has this kind of element to its military — sort it out once the war is over, but every soul protecting the country is needed.
Speaking as a metal fan, I know the appropriation of mythical Nordic symbology is something used a lot by the far right bands that any sensible metalhead goes out of their way to avoid. They don't tend to be 'right leaning' rather full-blown nazi twats.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Warning: lots of dead bodies.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:19 pm

You tell him!

Love it. The whole thing has completely backfired.

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Pew-Pew wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:37 pm

Warning: lots of dead bodies.
Using cluster bombs on civilian areas. I couldn't watch any more. If a genie gave me three wishes, my first would be that I wish to strangle putin with my bare hands. Something has to be done - he can't be allowed to destroy the entire country.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

eny

Post by eny » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 am

There are various iterations of a video of Ukrainian soldiers shooting Russian POWs in the legs — fake, completely a set-up. The biggest being: at such close range, a shot to the leg would cover the concrete behind with blood, and there would be visible ricochet dust etc. Also, after having your legs shot you wouldn't just lie on the floor and not writhe in the agony...there are various other signifiers too, but safe to say, it isn't what the Ruskies would like you to believe it is.

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:01 pm

That Vice report is probably some of the best coverage of the war I've seen so far but it's a brutal watch. The way that Russian woman on the phone keeps parroting "Nazi" when asked about the war reminds me of a Trump supporter babbling about stolen elections.

I saw somewhere but can't find it now about China cancelling an oil deal with Russia. Hope it's not bullshit.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:45 pm

eny wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:14 am
There are various iterations of a video of Ukrainian soldiers shooting Russian POWs in the legs — fake, completely a set-up. The biggest being: at such close range, a shot to the leg would cover the concrete behind with blood, and there would be visible ricochet dust etc. Also, after having your legs shot you wouldn't just lie on the floor and not writhe in the agony...there are various other signifiers too, but safe to say, it isn't what the Ruskies would like you to believe it is.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

With the amount of alleged false flags and leaked documents and fake videos appearing online, I genuinely don't trust anything from either side at this point. I know that Russia is kinda known for this sort of stuff, but frankly without being able to verify the validity of things myself, it feels a bit wrong to believe them from the other side either.

I hate what combatants and nation states use social media for. We'd be better off just shutting the whole lot down.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:37 pm

Do you remember stories of Abramovich involved in peace negotiations? Looks like he got caught up in an attempted poisoning of the Ukrainian representatives and suffered poisoning himself. Also, "chatter" about a lot of flight activity some time ago that is considered to be the Russian top brass moving to nuclear bunkers in the Urals...

– Abraham Lincoln

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:59 pm

her final statement is chilling
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4