D&D Campaign 2: D&D Harder

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: D&D Campaign 2: D&D Harder

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:03 am

Bird wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:33 am
I need to buy the extra book and double check I can do it but I was thinking of going for a Harengon bard :-({|=
Sounds great! If you join the dndbeyond campaign link on page 1 then when you edit a character in the campaign you should have access to all my sourcebooks (I have all of them), so you shouldn't need to buy the book separately if you don't want to.
Bird wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:59 am
Raid wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm
Finding a suitable hooded Tabaxi portrait was extremely difficult without venturing into furry art. Don't look at my browser history.
I'm finding a lot of stuff on deviantart like absolutely ripped rabbits with washboard abs and cum cutters. I might just use one of them.
I mean...

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:11 am

What level are we starting at and what type of point allocation have people done?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:15 am

Bird wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:59 am
deviantart
Well there's your problem. Try Artstation, although I did a search for Harengon (which isn't a race I'd even heard of) and there weren't a great many options.

Level 1. I think we just did the "roll three times then allocate one set" thing.
Last edited by Raid on Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:20 am

Yep, roll full three sets of attribute scores, pick the set you want and then assign the numbers wherever you want.

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:42 am

Ok I've joined the campaign :D :D

I have absolutely no armour or equipment. But I do have a lute (which I'm going to interpret as a guitar) a drum (which I'm going to interpret as beatboxing) and some bagpipes (for funerals)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:19 am

So Mantis, are you absolutely sure you don't want to change your race into something Opus will instinctively want to eat?

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:34 am

Yeah looking forward to meeting a bunch of giant cats and predatorial birds as a 2ft rabbit

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:55 am

Tieflings usually draw a bit more attention than your standard humanoid where Dharnon comes from, so he's going to enjoy being one of the least distinctive and eye catching members of the group for a change.

Bird

Post by Bird » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:07 am

First session gonna be like:

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:50 pm

Bird wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:34 am
Yeah looking forward to meeting a bunch of giant cats and predatorial birds as a 2ft rabbit
Don't worry, Opus is a child and not even a large one at that.

This does raise a point though; Opus was going to travel by riding on his skeletal sidekick's shoulder. If we do away with said sidekicks, I hope you realise one of you is carrying him. The other is presumably carrying Farley. I'll let Corvus and Dharnon choose.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:18 pm

Corvus would carry one of Opus or Farley, but only so he could launch them into the nearest ditch/river/sun :lol:

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:52 pm

I'd like to see you throw me off with claws lodged in your shoulders. :twisted:

If I'm honest I would quite like to keep my sidekick character; not only is it fairly important to Opus (and not just because he only has short legs), but also because it's his first real undead minion, which is something he otherwise won't have until level 5 and it's sorta key to his backstory. If you want I can keep him out of combat, I don't think it'll take much to rework it so that makes sense.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:20 pm

I think it sounds like a major part of your character, in a way mine isn't, so I'm all for you keeping it even if the other sidekicks get the boot.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:29 pm

Yeah, I can appreciate the irony of me being the one wanting to keep my sidekick when I was the one not in favour of them to begin with, but I put a fair bit of thought into it when we decided that was the direction we were going in. What I can do is work out a way of replacing the sidekick with the regular undead minions I'll get when the necromancer thing starts paying dividends.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:56 pm

I may suggest keeping mine for RP purposes during the introductions (he's a kenku pickpocket who's my partner and steals from the crowd when I'm doing my terrible magic show) but with a view to writing him out of the scene fairly quickly and leaving him behind. Or perhaps just giving him a serious backseat so that I only check in with him every so often whilst we do things more befitting for adventurers.

I know alignment is a wishy washy thing that shouldn't be treated as hard limits on character development. But broadly, where were people thinking of pitching their characters this time? Sage strayed from chaotic neutral to lawful/neutral evil by the end of the campaign I would say and I'm keen on being a bit more of a do gooder this time.

I see Dharnon as being quite a timid neutral good character who wants to do the right thing as much as he can but is a bit of a push-over if members of his party peer pressure him into doing not so honest things. :lol: