D&D Campaign 2: D&D Harder

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: D&D Campaign 2: D&D Harder

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:03 pm

Having discussed my character idea with Mantis this afternoon, I'm excited for this one! :D

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:24 pm

Did you settle on druid in the end?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:28 pm

Yep :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:07 pm

In which case I think I'm going to go ahead with a Cleric. Can I ask which source books we'll have access to? The PHB only has a single Cleric domain (and like hell I'm going with Life Domain; I'll nail the wounds shut with a hammer if you're lucky), so I can't really build them on D&DB yet.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:13 pm

I have quite a few so I'll turn the content sharing on when we are near the starting point. Off the top of my head I have PHB, DMG, Monster Manual, Tasha's, Xanathar's, Volvos and Mordenkainens. I forget how many of them give you extra class options.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 pm

I went to look up which domains were part of which books, and the one I wanted actually is part of the PHB. I thought D&DB gave you access to everything in that, but I guess not.

This might be something I end up doing, not sure yet, but is everyone ok with, well, prolific swearing? I figure it comes with the territory if we're all sailors, but I don't want to spoil anyone else's enjoyment.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:04 pm

Raid wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 pm
I went to look up which domains were part of which books, and the one I wanted actually is part of the PHB. I thought D&DB gave you access to everything in that, but I guess not.

This might be something I end up doing, not sure yet, but is everyone ok with, well, prolific swearing? I figure it comes with the territory if we're all sailors, but I don't want to spoil anyone else's enjoyment.
Haha, when I was drawing up my first draft of my character tonight, I did nearly select the background trait "My language is as foul as an otyugh nest" :lol:

I don't have a particular issue with it, although might be more fun if we try and be more piratical/nautical with the cursing...

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:41 pm

Raid wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 pm

I think you have to still buy the PHB. Otherwise you only get access to the 'basic' rules which gives you one sub option per class.

I'm also not bothered about swearing.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:48 am

I have no problem with swearing. My barbarian idea is that he’s a recovering pacifist, outcast from a dwarven death cult, so he’s probably learned a few choice words along the way.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:01 am

The cast of absolute misfits on this is going to be brilliant. :lol:

Bird

Post by Bird » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Already rolled an extra character for that one, a Grung hunter who is a highly poisonous ship's cook.

I don't think I'm going to make a session this week as I'm getting married on Saturday and have a lot to be getting on with! I'll also be on my honeymoon next week, so we have a bit of a break sorry guys!

PS. you can buy a subclass from the PHB on its own for about 2 dollars - if you scroll down the marketplace page they're at the bottom

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:16 pm

Heh, yeah I didn't think we'd get a session in this week with your upcoming nuptials.

I haven't decided on a race for the new character yet. I'm wanting to go with something physically imposing, and I tend to bypass the more traditional fantasy races as they've been done to death, and go for one of the more esoteric choices. Figured I'd best run this past Dave first as I remember a Dragonborn was considered a rarity for the first campaign, but does Minotaur sound plausible? Gigantic, foul-mouthed, horned, sea-god worshipping warrior priest doctor who I can call "beefy" and it be a double entendre?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 pm

Bird wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:04 pm
I don't think I'm going to make a session this week as I'm getting married on Saturday and have a lot to be getting on with! I'll also be on my honeymoon next week, so we have a bit of a break sorry guys!
Congratulations in advance - hope everything goes splendidly! :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:22 pm

Are we trying for a game this week? Not sure how long Bird was away for.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:34 pm

I’d assumed he was still away, but I’m good for tomorrow if he’s back.