Daily forum quiz thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 am

And there was me thinking Snowy might not win on a religion day after seeing WB's score this morning. #-o

:lol:

User avatar
The Jackal
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Location: The Bell Jar

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by The Jackal » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Speaking of religion, that last question today... *Ram Ranch intensifies*
Image
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Snowy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 am
And there was me thinking Snowy might not win on a religion day after seeing WB's score this morning. #-o

:lol:
Phear my knowledge of stuff I don't believe in!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
The Jackal
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Location: The Bell Jar

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by The Jackal » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 am

That's what 8 points looks like when your browser crashes the first time and the game thinks you're still dithering over the questions.

Take a good hard look at that sorry motherfucker and don't let it happen to you.
Image
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:54 am

It's incredibly annoying that despite owning one of the boardgames mentioned today I still managed to get the answer wrong. It's been a fair while since I played it, in fairness.

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Snowy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:20 am

The Jackal wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:26 am
That's what 8 points looks like when your browser crashes the first time and the game thinks you're still dithering over the questions.

Take a good hard look at that sorry motherfucker and don't let it happen to you.
I have had a few of those mate :)

And today's quiz was a load of foetid filth.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 am

Snowy means business this month :o

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Snowy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

Some stopping dead and thinking WTF today though, was bloody amazed to get a clean sweep.

Besides, I will forget a day, drop the ball, something will go awry. I am off on my hols at the end of the month so Mr Metronome needn't get worried :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:45 am

Nothing quite like visiting the quiz page first thing and instantly knowing you have zero chance of finishing first today :lol:

Edit: yup.

User avatar
Rusty
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:21 pm
Location: Plymouth, Devon

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Rusty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 am

Who was number 406 in 2003 in the country and western charts? Oh yeah, I remember that!
-- To be completed at some point --

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 am

Rusty wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 am
Who was number 406 in 2003 in the country and western charts? Oh yeah, I remember that!
Snowyridge Farm remembers.

User avatar
Stormbringer
Rad Dad
Posts: 1177
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 am
Location: The Ghooric Zone
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 am

Snowy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Some day Snowy we need to have a talk about your stellar performance every time we have a religion round :lol:
Both my parents were/are very religious C of E true believers.
Interesting tale. I was going to ask you if you had been raised C of E, or some other denomination. I myself was raised in a "born again" evangelical church, but had a lot of exposure to C of E culture in my schools (which were both C of E schools). C of E ways were all a bit alien compared to how I'd been raised in my own church. In my late teens I got involved (by my own choice) in an even more "hardcore" evangelical church, which I stuck with for years, but in my early 20s I suddenly came to the realisation that I rejected it all! That had been coming for years; I just hadn't had the courage to admit it to myself or anyone else before. Then, after a year of that, I "found God" again when I was 24, didn't know which church denomination to join (kinda did a tour of them all) before finally meeting my wife, a Presbyterian, who sold me on her theology, and that's where I've been ever since. I'm pretty sure I could win any religious round of this quiz now. ¬_¬
So filled with hope, I can taste mythical fountains...

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 2845
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am

If Snowy doesn't win this month, it will be a travesty. A travesty I say!

I'm going to be really annoyed if he misses any days...

User avatar
The Jackal
Posts: 450
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:43 pm
Location: The Bell Jar

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by The Jackal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:00 pm

BOLLOCKS - the Mozambique answer sounded oxymoronic so I changed it, and then I had the Togo one but changed my answer again because of some misguided instinct...
Image
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 728
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: Daily forum quiz thread

Post by Snowy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:24 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 am
Snowy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Some day Snowy we need to have a talk about your stellar performance every time we have a religion round :lol:
Both my parents were/are very religious C of E true believers.
Interesting tale. I was going to ask you if you had been raised C of E, or some other denomination. I myself was raised in a "born again" evangelical church, but had a lot of exposure to C of E culture in my schools (which were both C of E schools). C of E ways were all a bit alien compared to how I'd been raised in my own church. In my late teens I got involved (by my own choice) in an even more "hardcore" evangelical church, which I stuck with for years, but in my early 20s I suddenly came to the realisation that I rejected it all! That had been coming for years; I just hadn't had the courage to admit it to myself or anyone else before. Then, after a year of that, I "found God" again when I was 24, didn't know which church denomination to join (kinda did a tour of them all) before finally meeting my wife, a Presbyterian, who sold me on her theology, and that's where I've been ever since. I'm pretty sure I could win any religious round of this quiz now. ¬_¬
I am frequently staggered that I remember lots of the old testament stuff that I probably last heard about in a Sunday-school class in the 1970s. I have been somewhere between agnostic and atheist since about age 13 (now 49) but it still sticks.
Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 am
If Snowy doesn't win this month, it will be a travesty. A travesty I say!

I'm going to be really annoyed if he misses any days...
I am off on my hols on the 29th, heading to Marrakesh, so will be at the mercy of public wifi and on my phone. I will try...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Post Reply