Forum Bugs and Errors Reporting Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: Forum Bugs and Errors Reporting Thread

Post by Mantis » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 pm

I'm pretty sure that it is caching the bad response. The issue I'm having is that whenever I fix the line it is automatically defaulting back to the bad one within a day. It should be working fine now for instance.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Drarok wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:46 pm
My experience yesterday was that it was totally broken across multiple devices, perhaps there's multiple issues at play here.

Unless it takes you a handful of minutes to dig an iPad out, in which time the server's sorted its life out. Correlation/causation etc.
I only ever had an issue on desktop, unless the full sites down it always works on iOS for whatever reason.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:36 pm

For a few days this week I was having the issue on my desktop and my phone, but my work laptop was fine. After clearing the cache it was okay for a day on my desktop and only a few hours on my phone.

Then yesterday and today I've been able to get into some forums (such as PC games) but not others (General and Real World)... until now when it's working again after Mantis has changed something it seems.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:37 pm

And now I can't get back into General (on my desktop) - I could only get to this thread by clicking back enough times to get into General. :evil:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri May 15, 2020 10:32 am

Yay, we're back! :D

On the off-chance it's just me, the forums have been completely down for me for several hours during each of the past couple of days.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri May 15, 2020 10:33 am

I've raised it with our hosts as there didn't appear to be anything wrong from my end. It seems like they're experiencing outtages with their servers.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri May 15, 2020 10:35 am

Cool, hopefully they've sorted it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri May 15, 2020 11:11 am

Anyone experiencing the old issue of your browser downloading php files rather than loading them, clear your cache and reload the site. It seems that when the server was brought back online they loaded a backup of the site prior to me fixing that particular issue. I've gone back in and fixed it again but some may still be experiencing it until you clear your cache.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am

Good to be back :D thanks for sorting it Mantis.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Fri May 15, 2020 11:41 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 10:32 am
On the off-chance it's just me, the forums have been completely down for me for several hours during each of the past couple of days.
Not just you! It slowed down to a crawl first, then went completely.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

YouTube was offline globally for several hours as well yesterday, coincidence... unlikely!!! :-k

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Does anyone else think there may be a case to made for consolidating the console gaming forum and the PC gaming forum into one?

The majority of releases these days are multi-platform which can cause confusion as to what subforum a new game thread should be in depending on the posters perception of what the 'lead' platform is. One all encompassing gaming forum would eliminate this problem.

We're a small group so it's not like the one forum is going to be flooded with threads. As long as game threads state the platform in the title I dont see it being an issue even with the small number of platform exclusive titles that pop up from time to time.

Of course I have no idea if it's something that's easily done or if its even possible, but it would be for the best I reckon.

Also what's with the forum search? It's murder. I was searching for game threads the other day that I knew were there, but 9 times out of 10 I get the message "words in your search query were ignored because they are too common". Words like last and system and shock and genius.

Imagine if Google did that? "Sorry mate. youtube and facebook? Those words are far too common, no results for you!" :lol:

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:38 pm

I'd be fine with that personally, it makes sense to me.

Also yeah the search can be hit and miss it seems to react better if you search for all words as opposed to the case.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:45 pm

I agree. Half of the stuff that's console-centric but might get a PC version gets stuck in the PC forum anyway. I don't really see the need to separate things, especially given that most console releases end up in one of the console mega threads and wouldn't lead to an abundance of threads that will clutter the place.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Nah keep it as it is.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.