Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Animalmother
Local

Re: Trump

Post by Animalmother » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 pm

I've seen it pointed out a few times that the Democrats are putting all their efforts into impeaching Trump and are basically ruining their chances of actually winning the next election.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:48 pm

“ if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).”

- Donald J Trump

Up there with some of the finest presidential words.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Absolutely unbelievable.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:04 pm

"In my great and unmatched wisdom"...

Pure delusional dictator speak that is, holy fuck..

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Some additional great and unmatched wisdom:

I was elected on getting out of these ridiculous endless wars, where our great Military functions as a policing operation to the benefit of people who don’t even like the USA. The two most unhappy countries at this move are Russia & China, because they love seeing us bogged down, watching over a quagmire, & spending big dollars to do so. When I took over, our Military was totally depleted. Now it is stronger than ever before. The endless and ridiculous wars are ENDING! We will be focused on the big picture, knowing we can always go back & BLAST!
He really is a JRPG villain, isn't he?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:31 pm

I really do think he's either mad or suffering from dementia. These aren't the words of a fully functional mind.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am

The diplomatic immunity row in which the wife of a US diplomat killed a British citizen by driving on the wrong side of the road, has been responded to by President Trump.

"It happens."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-49995867

Yes Donald, it happens. Not to you, you hasten to point out, but it happens. When it happened, a young man was killed. Maybe try referring to it with the seriousness such a case demands rather than pretending that someone lightly grazed a traffic cone you enormous prick.

I've honestly never understood the whole concept of diplomatic immunity. Why do we need it? Why do ambassadors and their spouses need to be protected from the laws of the country they're in?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:01 am

Raid wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am
I've honestly never understood the whole concept of diplomatic immunity. Why do we need it? Why do ambassadors and their spouses need to be protected from the laws of the country they're in?
I think it's to protect resident foreign diplomats in the event that there's an outbreak of war or relations turn very sour, in which case without diplomatic immunity they may be arrested or even accused of spying. I agree that it seems crazy for the immunity to cover almost anything they do, though - why should somebody be immune from prosecution for something as serious as murder or manslaughter?

Honestly, my guess is that it's too much hassle for governments to keep tabs on what all their diplomats get up to, so they all agreed to turn a blind eye.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:43 am

I suppose following that through logically, having full-time diplomatic immunity prevents the host country from inventing some form of charge to detain an ambassador during time of war or other increased tensions.

Of course, the system relies on the country who issued the ambassador (or related persons) knowing when to revoke that immunity. The US entirely controls this situation, the UK has no legal recourse, and it's up to them to send the suspect back to us. With that idiot in charge (and that statement can apply to our own PM, incidentally), the British family are just going to have to deal with the fact that they will never see justice for their son, while our government continues to cozy up to the US. What a bloody awful situation for them to be in.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 pm

So this will likely result in the first major bloodshed that could be attributed directly to his decision if I'm not mistaken.

His lack of regards for human life have been noted before but the fallout from this will be watched closely by all eyes.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm

It’s ok, like he said, they never helped us at Normandy so fuck em.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:59 pm
I spent all day trying to forget that quote happened.

I failed.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Alan wrote:
Funnily enough, neither did anyone in the Trump family. A quick search on Google shows the Kurds did indeed fight with the Allies during WW2.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:35 pm

The Kurds are probably the most honourable fighters in the Middle east, and they have been betrayed by this rusty fuckwit. What a fucking souless moron this prickident is. FFS. :x
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:32 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:27 pm
Alan wrote:
Funnily enough, neither did anyone in the Trump family. A quick search on Google shows the Kurds did indeed fight with the Allies during WW2.
Compare with Turkey, who played both sides until about a month before the end of the war in Europe.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.