Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Alan

Re: Trump

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:28 am

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:31 pm

Moscow Mitch has his draft all ready written ffs.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Supreme court judges take a long time to be put in place, don't they? There's only six weeks now until the US votes for their next president. While I'm sure both parties had their list of candidates ready for when Ginsburg died, but I can't imagine the process would be finalised before the next president is elected.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:57 pm

The quickest one was one day longer than the time between now and the election so it can totally be done. Markoski said she would vote no but she’s flopped every time she’s made a stand before. Graham will totally vote yes

Edit
Romney says no. Grassley and Collins previously, like Graham, said they wouldn’t support it but totally will.

They need 4 Reps to block it.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:25 pm

these Republicans are beyond shameful. They are the very essence of political disingenuous. What right now will anyone believe a single word that comes out of their mouths. To say their are liars is an understatement. They are traitors to everything good and respectful. They should all burn in hell.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:52 pm

I do think it's a little daft that supreme court judges can theoretically be on the bench for half a century, and that it's just the luck of the draw as to which party gets to pick them. Surely it would make more sense to have 4 conservatives, 4 liberals, then maybe one elected tie-breaker to ensure lawmaking is fair to all, or at the very least only briefly unfair to half. Trump has already picked two, and his final act could be to sway the course of law to his preference for the next fifty years.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:25 am

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54274115

Doesn't the Supreme Court decide a disputed result? No wonder he's so keen to get a new judge in. What a truly corrupt sack of shit he is.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:23 pm

A small part of my re-visiting of this forum might just be that my country is falling apart at the seams and feels like a good time to check in with my old UK pals :(
I'm in Northern California still. The skies outside my hotel room were orange less than two weeks ago, thanks to the incredible wildfires not so far from me. Over in Florida, where my elderly British mum lives, one hurricane after another are hammering the Gulf Coast and my old hometown.
Meanwhile this trump POS imbecile is playing dictator and most of the formerly-Grand Old Party are falling along sheepishly behind him. And he's pulled every white-power neo-nazi uneducated white supremist out from under their rocks. I fear for our Republic, no drama intended. I'm honestly worried about the next few months here. I wish I was not in the States right now.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:41 pm

It's alright Soli, we feel like our country is coming apart at the seams too. I'd argue that the US is in more immediate trouble than the UK, but there's at least a chance that the States could start to recover come January, whereas here our situation feels permanent.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:15 pm

If you step back and look at this like it’s a TV show it’s brilliant. Especially moving up to this end of season climax where the twist is that the vote count doesn’t actually have to be taken into account and instead a single appointed person can decide who has won a state. So trumps folk have been talking about this and that it will be faught up to the supcourt that he is looking to load. Or if they can hold up the vote count in court for 35 days after the election the count is nullified.

Designated Survivor was more believable than real life!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Solitaire wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:23 pm
A small part of my re-visiting of this forum might just be that my country is falling apart at the seams and feels like a good time to check in with my old UK pals :(
I'm in Northern California still. The skies outside my hotel room were orange less than two weeks ago, thanks to the incredible wildfires not so far from me. Over in Florida, where my elderly British mum lives, one hurricane after another are hammering the Gulf Coast and my old hometown.
Meanwhile this trump POS imbecile is playing dictator and most of the formerly-Grand Old Party are falling along sheepishly behind him. And he's pulled every white-power neo-nazi uneducated white supremist out from under their rocks. I fear for our Republic, no drama intended. I'm honestly worried about the next few months here. I wish I was not in the States right now.
Welcome back mate. News from the US has been very grim of late. Easy for us to point a finger at but much harder to live in I'd imagine.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:03 am

Good to hear from you Soli, there's always a space in Blighty for you and your family mate.

...Away from this idiotic twat:

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:32 am

Well I'm fairly sure he was conceived in a test tube filled with Fanta, so I can understand his difficulty.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Fanta was originally produced for Nazi Germany so you might onto something there.. :-k

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:02 am

Hopefully the NYT has plenty more bombs to drop on Trumpy in the next month, but this one is pretty damned big...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-election
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=