Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Maturin

Re: Trump

Post by Maturin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:12 am

US political parties nearly always last 2 terms, so unless the economy takes a nosedive in a year or two I would expect him to have his 2nd term.

A relatively healthy economy would be a massive, massive trump card (lol) for him when the next election campaign comes around. The House of Rep will keep him in check from now on though.

He might actually get a bit bored of things now.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 am

I'm assuming the norm will happen where the Republican party will fuck up the economy and leave the incoming Democrats to clean it up. Then the returning Rep's claim the credit when they come back into a recovering economy.

I used to find US politics entertaining, now I find them utterly depressing. Other scumbag leaders are now following Trump's lead with crying "Fake news!!!" as it seems to be so effective.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:03 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:35 am
How I see it the only 3 things that could stop Trump

- Mueller report is so damning that Pence gets the support from the majority of Republican senators to oust Trump on the condition he will pardon Trump
- A huge recession hits America (and therefore us !) and makes his base turn against him when their economic lot gets even worse
- There is war that goes disastrously wrong
I live in hope that there is a fourth option where the Monty Python giant foot descends from the sky to squish him.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 pm

to a certain extend the media have a lot to answer for. They gave Trump so much blind coverage in 2015/2016 it wholly overshadowed the other Republican candidates. They loved him because he brought in ratings but you know that wonderful saying "be careful what you wish for", a word never more truer said.
Last edited by Achtung Englander on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Yeah, nobody took him seriously, because, well, he was so fucking ridiculous. People only realised we were living in the darkest timeline when he'd already started to gain momentum. Had the media not given him so much coverage, he would never have gotten his message out, he'd never have gotten the popular support, and the Republican party wouldn't have seriously considered him as a candidate for the presidency.

Jez

Post by Jez » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:54 pm

I don't think he'll go for the election personally.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 pm

I dunno, I think he'll want as much chance as possible of making the environment his business operates in as favourable as it can be. Surely that's why he wanted to be President in the first place, maybe along with the bragging rights; he wants to make as much money as possible. It's all he seems to care about.

Jez

Post by Jez » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 pm

I just think he did this for shits and giggles. I really can't see him going again. He's already installed a few key people in key positions that will suit him when he returns to business.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 am

I really want, for the sake of democratic politics the world over, for him to fall so hard no-one tries to emulate him again in living memory. I want to see him found guilty up the wazoo by Mueller on a thousand different counts, while at the same time the video everyone knows exists gets leaked of him in a Russian hotel being pissed on by a cheap hooker. I want an end to credence being given to anyone with far right views - they are so fucking stupid how can people allow them airtime?

It might not happen, but that's what I want to see. The world had made so much progress on so many fronts, it is unbelievably sad to see them back-slide so quickly.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:21 am
I really want, for the sake of democratic politics the world over, for him to fall so hard no-one tries to emulate him again in living memory. I want to see him found guilty up the wazoo by Mueller on a thousand different counts, while at the same time the video everyone knows exists gets leaked of him in a Russian hotel being pissed on by a cheap hooker. I want an end to credence being given to anyone with far right views - they are so fucking stupid how can people allow them airtime?

It might not happen, but that's what I want to see. The world had made so much progress on so many fronts, it is unbelievably sad to see them back-slide so quickly.
Yes yes yes. The fact that he speaks in complete imbecile language alone shocks me to my core. I can't bear to listen to him for more than ten seconds at a time. He is the antithesis of everything I believe in. I am confident that D.Trump and I share absolutely nothing in common aside from the extreme basics of existence. That there is even one person, let alone tens of millions of Americans, that can support anything this man says boggles the mind and erodes my soul.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Just reading in the news Todd, he is in Paris and was meant to be visiting the American war graves in Bellau, but cancelled the visit and stayed in his hotel because...

...it was raining.

Just as well the sun shone throughout WW1 and WW2 eh, or the troops would have had to pack it in and go home. What an utter fucking disgrace and an insult to those who served and died. Was he worried about that stupid fucking haircut that fools no-one, or was the mention of the military enough to aggravate those temporary bone-spurs into action?
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:58 pm

I always found it remarkable that a draft dodger managed to become US President when that country puts military veterans just slightly below god, but avoiding a war memorial because someone would have to hold an umbrella over him is a new low in that regard.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:03 pm

The sad irony is that he was probably in a golden shower in his Parisian boudoir.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Well he did meet his handler - Putin - while he was there, so maybe a reunion with Olga the Muscovite piss-fountain was arranged for old times.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 am

I wonder if Putin wips out and old VHS tape and waggles it in front of Trump with a knowing grin everytime they meet.

"You want watch movie, eh? It is great comedy, I nearly piss myself with laughing, eh!"
<short pause>
"Now get on knees and beg. Bitch pig"