Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Gibby

Re: Trump

Post by Gibby » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 am

Trump: "I AM the Senate!"

Etc

I find it difficult to give a monkeys about Trump while our country is heading towards the cliff edge that is a No Deal Brexit.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 am

Gibby wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:33 am
:lol:
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 am

Gibby wrote:
I find it difficult to give a monkeys about Trump while our country is heading towards the cliff edge that is a No Deal Brexit.
It's entertaining to watch him whilst we edge our way closer to utter doom.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:36 pm

RE: Impeachment, the House instigates proceedings and just needs a majority to do so, and the Democrats are quite likely to take control in the midterms. If they did instigate impeachment proceedings then it would be pushed to the Senate, which would never do anything about it because to actually convict requires a two-thirds majority and there's no way the Dems will get close to that, even with the few Republicans who might join them.

So basically, it'll never happen.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 pm

I have to admit I kind of have 'Trump controversy fatigue'. It just seems like he will get endless amounts of shit slung at him, and none will stick for the rest of this term.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 am
Gibby wrote:
:lol:
He's not the Senate, he's a very naughty boy.

Jez

Post by Jez » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:50 pm

Hehe :)
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:30 pm

"GOOGLE IS FAILING TO SHOW ENOUGH GOOD STORIES AND COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR MAKING ME LOOK BAD"

The caps are from copying and pasting from the headline, but I feel it suitably represents his thought process.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Raid wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:30 pm
"GOOGLE IS FAILING TO SHOW ENOUGH GOOD STORIES AND COULD BE PROSECUTED FOR MAKING ME LOOK BAD"

The caps are from copying and pasting from the headline, but I feel it suitably represents his thought pattern.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 5985bd58e6

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/04/poli ... index.html

Woodward's 448-page book, "Fear: Trump in the White House," provides an unprecedented inside-the-room look through the eyes of the President's inner circle. From the Oval Office to the Situation Room to the White House residence, Woodward uses confidential background interviews to illustrate how some of the President's top advisers view him as a danger to national security and have sought to circumvent the commander in chief.

Many of the feuds and daily clashes have been well documented, but the picture painted by Trump's confidants, senior staff and Cabinet officials reveal that many of them see an even more alarming situation — worse than previously known or understood. Woodward offers a devastating portrait of a dysfunctional Trump White House, detailing how senior aides — both current and former Trump administration officials — grew exasperated with the President and increasingly worried about his erratic behavior, ignorance and penchant for lying.

Chief of staff John Kelly describes Trump as an "idiot" and "unhinged," Woodward reports. Defense Secretary James Mattis describes Trump as having the understanding of "a fifth or sixth grader." And Trump's former personal lawyer John Dowd describes the President as "a fucking liar," telling Trump he would end up in an "orange jump suit" if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller.
Bob Woodward's bizarre phone call with Trump
Bob Woodward's bizarre phone call with Trump
"He's an idiot. It's pointless to try to convince him of anything. He's gone off the rails. We're in crazytown," Kelly is quoted as saying at a staff meeting in his office. "I don't even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I've ever had."
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:32 pm

Trump's philosophy on diplomacy was personal. "This is all about leader versus leader. Man versus man. Me versus Kim," he said of North Korea.
His inner circle was worried about "The Big Problem," Woodward writes: Trump's lack of understanding that his crusade to impose tariffs could endanger global security.
But the meeting didn't go as planned.
Trump went off on his generals. "You should be killing guys. You don't need a strategy to kill people," Trump said of Afghanistan.
He questioned the wisdom of keeping US troops in South Korea.
"So Mr. President," Cohn said to Trump, "what would you need in the region to sleep well at night?"
"I wouldn't need a fucking thing," the President said. "And I'd sleep like a baby."
After Trump left the Tank, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson declared: "He's a fucking moron."

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Trump's tweets — and his infatuation with Twitter — are a theme throughout the book.
Woodward reveals that Trump ordered printouts of his tweets and studied them to find out which ones were most popular. "The most effective tweets were often the most shocking," Woodward writes.
Twitter was a source of great consternation for national security leaders, who feared — and warned Trump — "Twitter could get us into a war."
Appalled by some of his more outrageous posts, Trump's aides tried to form a Twitter "committee" to vet the President's tweets, but they failed to stop their boss.
Priebus, who was blindsided when Trump announced his firing on Twitter, referred to the presidential bedroom as "the devil's workshop" and called the early morning hours and Sunday night — a time of many news-breaking tweets — "the witching hour."
Trump, however, saw himself as a Twitter wordsmith.
"It's a good thing," Trump said when Twitter expanded its character count to 280, "but it's a bit of a shame because I was the Ernest Hemingway of 140 characters."
Oh dear lord :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 pm

In all my years, the world has never been in such a diabolical state as it is now....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:43 pm

And yet does anyone find any of that surprising? I mean at all? That's exactly how I imagined the Trump White House.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:44 pm

I still think it's so tragic that we're at stage in our history that there are vast amounts of people who still admire this man. He is actually a complete disgrace for a human being.