Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: Trump

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:39 pm

eny wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 pm
In all my years, the world has never been in such a diabolical state as it is now....
I hear a lot of people your age saying this. Are you sure about that?
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:03 am

I was born in 1984. The Cold War was still a threat then, but it was declining rapidly. Plus I don't remember any of that because I was a baby. So yes, I'd agree with eny that in all my years the world has never been in such a diabolical state as it is now.

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 am

When you look at history, particularly the 20th Century, you can see parallels to previous times when the world was heading towards a crisis. The media and many world leaders are rattling sabres, aided by the fact that the propaganda machine has an unprecedented level of access to us all at all times with the rise of social media etc.

Diplomacy has taken a dramatic drop in quality and respect for talking as conflict resolution among the populace is worryingly low. Nationalist sentiments have spilled over from pride in one's country into looking down on the Other in a lot of ways.

On the global stage, tensions are much higher than people realise, especially with Eastern economies threatening to topple the dollar as the global trade currency, which threatens America hugely and could actually lead to conflict. The Cold War is, it could be argued, going on but in a different form. I don't blame people for feeling like the world is in a shitty state relative to the last 30-40 years.

Personally, I think it's undeniable that UK politics are at an all time low point whichever side you're on.

But at least the heat wave is over ¬_¬

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 am

Is it me or is his response to this coming across like a Final Fantasy baddy?

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:32 am

:lol:

=D>

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:14 am

The stuff coming out of that Fear book is pretty gold! :lol:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:29 am

Something tells me someone in the white house has already written up contingency and continuity plans for when trump resigns/goes down. When either of those things happen, I'd expect it to go very fast.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:58 am

Yeah, but at this point he'd have to do something monumentally stupid to be removed from office. I mean actually declaring war on another country via Twitter without consulting any of his advisors, or something. Hell, I'm not sure even that would work, his supporters would probably claim it's an example of his "cutting the red tape" or something.

Think back to his election campaign (don't have nightmares), his most famous promise was the building of a wall on the US/Mexico border and getting Mexico to pay for it. When was the last time this was mentioned? I know he looked at some examples of walls a few months back, but I haven't heard anything about the Mexico paying part since he took office. He put so much stock in this one promise. His supporters still fucking love the guy, despite the misogyny, the blatant lying, and his inability, seemingly, to do anything he actually promised. Nothing short of him pulling out a gun and murdering a reporter for asking a question he doesn't want to answer, or getting thousands of US soldiers killed by declaring war on the sun is going to get him removed.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:20 pm

Yeah, the fact that his approval rating amongst Republicans is always 85-90% is just mental. There's clear examples from multiple sources that he's completely lost the plot; if having an actual mad man running the country doesn't make them concerned then I'm not sure what will.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 pm

Raid wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:58 am
Nothing short of him pulling out a gun and murdering a reporter for asking a question he doesn't want to answer...is going to get him removed.

Remember this?
Trump wrote:I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters
I honestly think his ratings would go up if he shot somebody. He'd be called (ironically) the "no-nonsense" President or "take-no-prisoners" President, and be lauded for it.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:37 pm

This beggars belief.

People in your own administration are actively working against you and Kim Jong Un is showering you in praise. What does that tell you, you fucking cretin? ](*,)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 pm

It tells him that people are using the word Trump, and this makes him very happy.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:34 pm

Oh Donny T, you crazy, stupid fuck trumpet. When will you ever learn?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:15 am

Narcissism ruins more lives than terminal illness, in that it doesn't even kill its host so it keeps, on, giving.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.