Aaand, In Other News...

Exciting adventures IRL.
Animalmother
Local

Re: Aaand, In Other News...

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:14 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59356081
Don't know if anyone was following this fucking shit show. A then 17 year old shot dead two people after he was attacked. He was carrying an assault rifle around during a racially sensitive protest after a police shooting and stumbled into a group of protesters who obviously got pissed off at his presence. The sniveling shit got cleared of all charges.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:24 pm

You reap what you sow. Someone will want revenge on him.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Ah yes, that classic self defence weapon; an assault rifle.

I think I'm fatigued with all of these American gun crime stories. It should not be legal for a civilian to carry military-grade weaponry, regardless of the context.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:14 pm

He was a little white power wannabe tumshie.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:57 pm

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/polit ... mp-302570/

"Do women really need role models? Surely a cookbook should be role model enough." - Nick Fletcher MP, probably.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -tax-haven

You've got to laugh really. Then collapse into a prolonged period of existential dread.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:51 am

Animalmother wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:14 pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59356081
Don't know if anyone was following this fucking shit show. A then 17 year old shot dead two people after he was attacked. He was carrying an assault rifle around during a racially sensitive protest after a police shooting and stumbled into a group of protesters who obviously got pissed off at his presence. The sniveling shit got cleared of all charges.
I'm both not surprised, and absolutely disgusted, at the verdict. God only knows what's next for my country. I fear that the Democrats will lose out next November in the mid-terms, forging an unstoppable return of the trump dickweed in 2024 - at which time I'll maybe move to Ukraine, and wait for the Russian invasion? Because I'd prefer that end to what will be left of America.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong about all of it. But the damage is done here, no matter my predictions. trump and co. have made it not just acceptable, but proudly preferable, to be a block-headed, racist, dumbass POS and yell it out to the world. There are so goddam many of them, it's beyond disheartening. The dumbest kids from elementary school are now the dumbest grown-ups, waving flags, guns, and flapping their stupid ignorant lips everywhere I turn.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 am

I've not really paid much attention to US politics this last year, what's causing the fear of a Trump return?

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:20 am

Bill Maher pretty much summed it up - this kid went there with guns to be the "hero" because he watched too many superhero movies and it went to his head. The fact he completely blumbed during the verdict tells you he is just a scared kid. What on earth possessed him to go to a demonstration with a semi-automatic rifle? To protect other people's property (as he claims)? Fuck off.

The added fact that when he tried to hand himself in to the police who all just ignored him - tells you all you need to know about the police in the US
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:06 pm

I believe Rittenhouse was released because his defense claimed the 3 people he shot was in self defense. An mentally ill man known for erratic behavior chased and threw a bag at him, Rittenhouse panicked at shot him. The 2nd guy tried to disarm him (in the believe he was saving people) and died for the attempt. The 3rd person who was armed himself walked towards Rittenhouse who again panicked and shot him in the arm. He was provided with a very talented lawyer who spun the self defense case and ultimately won.

You put yourself in a situation where you cause confrontation, then murder two people and injure another who react to you but face no consequences because you were defending yourself. Fucking insanity ](*,)

eny

Post by eny » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 pm

Unfortunately, the jury couldn't really come to any other verdict due to the way the laws in Minnesota are framed, and the particular charges brought. Most of the work against a guilty verdict was set up before the trial came to its conclusion. Including the biased judge who you swear was some long-lost uncle the way he behaved. The prosecution was woefully inadequate also—the charges of underage gun ownership were thrown out due to some barrel length technicality.

The fact remains, he was too young, regardless of how well trained he was in handling the weapon. He was woefully unqualified, arrogant in his fantasy for the task he saw at hand, and regretfully enabled by his militia-minded mother and her worldview. It didn't help that local law enforcement had welcomed "community help" so his intentions might have been for good, but the underlying fantasy of being the hero was always there. There is a video of him repeatedly sucker-punching a girl who was in an argument with his sister, and another of him in a vehicle talking about "I'd love to send some bullets their way" whilst watching what he assumed were looters. Also, pictures of him in a bar, drinking beer (underage) holding the 3-percenter hand sign....none of which were allowed to be brought up in the trial.

It is interesting how the vampiric right has embraced this verdict for its own venal ends: Bubblebutt and Cowardthorn "fighting" over offering Rittenhouse internship, Shuttup Carlson had him on his show, and the travesty that is trump having him come to NightMar-a-lago to suck as much energy out of the situation for himself, as per. However, you can count the Right-wings' celebration of the Ahmaud Aubrey verdicts on the stumps of an Afghan repeat-offender—crickets.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Good summation, Eny. One word in your reply jumps out at me: Fantasy.

It's one of the most biting themes in the movie "Dumb and Dumber" - those adolescent fantasies that Carrey's character keeps having, such as being the life of the party at the lodge (setting farts on fire to everyone's absolute delight), the kung-fu fight scene, and so on... The sad fact is that all this, while funny, is also true for so many men. They're adults with the minds of adolescent boys. They are forever stuck in this childish mentality, and feel put down upon by the intelligentsia so will side with whomever is against science, social and cultural progress, etc. Easily manipulated into QAnon-style conspiratorial thinking. Look at Jan 6th - these people were ready to murder politicians and "take over" the government, though they had no plan to actually do any of that. It seems many of them thought if they showed up and entered the building, it automatically happens? It was all a murderous fantasy, but they acted upon it, and will do so again.

This is the state of mind here for the Right-wing and QAnon nutjobs that have been lauded and mobilized by trump & associates, the common dumb folk that infest this country. You can see the leaders, who are obviously not stupid, who know how to easily manipulate others: Steve Bannon, Alex Jones, Congressmembers to include Mitch McConnell, and so on. These are coldly calculating sons of bitches. They have a game plan, no doubt about it. In the meantime the Democrats and Progressives are predictably squandering their slim majority with infighting and tilting at windmills, politically speaking. They're annoying moderate Dems like myself with the "woke" and political correctness horseshit. The mid-terms next year will be a Republican landslide victory.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Europe ain't much better mate. There's been Brexit, Hungry and Poland sliding backwards into authoritarianism, Russia possibly going to invade Ukraine and an upsurge of right-wingism in every state in the EU. Several countries are in a pissing contest against China and a danger of a gas shortage across Europe over the winter. Business as usual I suppose... :(

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:11 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59484332
Epstein's pilot says that he flew Prince Andrew, Trump, Bill Clinton and Kevin Spacey to the island. That's one sleazy passenger list. Be interesting to see what excuses Trump comes out with.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:34 am

Trump was clearly there doing recon for his purge of pedophiles and baby eating democrats. Duh.

Also, from the court drawings…. is this taking place in a preschool?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:27 pm

A is for alibi, B is for busted