Advanced Heroquest: Quest II: The Tomb of Dragomir - Completed

Exciting adventures IRL.
Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: Advanced Heroquest: Quest II: The Tomb of Dragomir - Completed

Post by Stormbringer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Gamrolin's death by zombie was the best bit. It really added to the drama!
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Right, I'll be at 12 toughness if I take the items from the quest that are left over, so the +1 toughness amulet is yours Angron.

Just need the damage stats for the quest sword and I can upload my last character sheet. Also, is it possible to sell excess weapons or do you just discard them? I'm carrying 4 at the minute and need to lose my old axe.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:47 pm

The sword of Dragomir (WS+1, ST+1) is slightly wasted on Bellis, since you already have 12 Weapon skill. You'd only be getting half its benefit.

But if you were to use it for your character, your damage dice would go up from 3 to 4 because of the extra strength. Your hit roll table remains the same because you're already maxed out.

To be honest, with your extreme weapons skill and toughness now, I'd view you as more of a defensive tank - there to burst into rooms and take all the hits at the front (even if a monster did get a hit, they would need 12's to wound you), so you perhaps wouldn't need this magical sword. A different fighter - with higher starting strength - who joined the group would perhaps make more use of it.

EDIT: And typically, old weapons can be sold for half their purchase value (rounded up).

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Yeah, I just found the item and stat tables in the rules and realised that. Well, if anyone else joins and wants to be melee but rolls poor skill stats then we could always do a trade. My plan for now was to be super tanky, use the new sword and also buff my strength twice in town so that I could tank stuff and would also get 6 damage dice on all my attacks.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:59 pm

I'm afraid you can only train 1 characteristic point between expeditions, so you'd only get 1 extra this time round.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Bummer, well I'll keep the sword for sure then. I've got a spare magic halberd for any newcomer melee people. The tank needs his sword and shield!

Here's my final sheet for this game prior to spending any gold (I've sold my axe though just so I don't forget as the next game may not be for a while).
Spoiler