The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Exciting adventures IRL.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 pm

I use it pretty much exclusively now apart from the odd roll that it doesn't cover. Having it add modifiers automatically without having to fiddle around editing anything really speeds up your rolls.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm
I don't know how prevalent resurrection powers are in this world, but I have zero abilities to perform it. :lol:
A basic Raise Dead spell is still beyond the capability of your average temple cleric, being a 5th level spell, but major reputable temples would likely have a high priest capable of casting it for a substantial fee (probably in the area of 2000gp, which in the bananas Sword Coast economy would be enough to buy a house).

Also worth noting that Luskan has no reputable temples. ;)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:30 pm

So you're telling me there's a chance...

I've no doubt that in the event of my untimely demise, my companions would be willing to burn a teleport spell back to Neverwinter and stump up a couple of grand to see my lovely mug again. Right, guys?

Guys?

We'll give it a go, I reckon, I'm not planning on raising a ruckus if I can avoid it, and my stealth skills are pretty mad now. Just let me know when you'd want to guide me through it WB :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm

My rates for casting Mending are *very* reasonable. I'll do it for less than half that.*

* By agreeing to pay for services of Mending, you lose any rights on not being brought back as an inanimate object.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:47 pm

I could always cause a distraction in town whilst you infiltrate the vaults. Enough of a ruckus up above might at least draw the attention of the guards above so you'll be able to get back out into the fort without facing too many reinforcements.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:47 pm
I could always cause a distraction in town whilst you infiltrate the vaults. Enough of a ruckus up above might at least draw the attention of the guards above so you'll be able to get back out into the fort without facing too many reinforcements.
Yeah, could work. Have we still got those sending stones? I could always send you a message if I'm in a sticky situation or need a quick evac. We probably don't want to be stirring the garrison up into high alert if we don't need to.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:04 pm

I gave the second one to Neverember. 8-[

I was thinking of causing a distraction in town near the garrison to maybe try and draw a few troops away.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:12 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:04 pm
I gave the second one to Neverember. 8-[

I was thinking of causing a distraction in town near the garrison to maybe try and draw a few troops away.
I have the message spell as well, I think it should work everywhere down there except in the high-security vault by the sound of it. I reckon remain on standby, unless things go south I don't think I'd have too much trouble slipping back out.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Doesn't Message have a really short range? I thought it was a cantrip. You'd need Sending if you wanted to contact us from any meaningful distance.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:19 pm
Doesn't Message have a really short range? I thought it was a cantrip. You'd need Sending if you wanted to contact us from any meaningful distance.
So are you saying you don't intend to be within 120 feet of me? ¬_¬

I just think it might be tough to co-ordinate on the timing, unless we say kick things off at a set time, like 3am or something?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:43 pm

I would have thought the default response to a ruckus happening outside would just be to lock the place down.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:43 pm
I would have thought the default response to a ruckus happening outside would just be to lock the place down.
That... that would be bad. :/

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 pm

I don't think we'll be able to be in particularly close range if you're doing a stealthy scouting mission. I could always wait a pre-determined amount of time and then cast Sending myself to ask you how things are going. Sending lets you respond with a small message, so if things are a bit hairy you could ask for a distraction.

My thinking was that if I cause a big enough of a stir in a part of town near the fort that they won't have a choice but to send troops to assist. I don't see why their immediate thought would be to lockdown the vaults if there's a small attack on a different quarter of town. ¬_¬

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:51 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 pm
I don't think we'll be able to be in particularly close range if you're doing a stealthy scouting mission. I could always wait a pre-determined amount of time and then cast Sending myself to ask you how things are going. Sending lets you respond with a small message, so if things are a bit hairy you could ask for a distraction.

My thinking was that if I cause a big enough of a stir in a part of town near the fort that they won't have a choice but to send troops to assist. I don't see why their immediate thought would be to lockdown the vaults if there's a small attack on a different quarter of town. ¬_¬
Ok, that sounds reasonable enough I think, let's go with that.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Okay, so when do you want to stage the scouting mission? Clara tells you that the vault is open to customers from 8am to 6pm, and out of those hours the outer portcullis is locked with two guards posted outside. She supposes that only a High Captain would have the authority to be allowed inside out of standard hours.