The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:25 pm

I may be about ten minutes late tonight chaps.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Sorry guys, bedtime story ran on a bit tonight, I'm logging on now.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Forgot to say you all level up too!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 pm

So, on the mechanics of mystical adhesion:

If I've, say, glued two items that require attunement together, and D&D Beyond only allows you to attune to three items at once, are you ok with me swapping my attuned items out mid-battle to, say, cast fireball with my staff?

Do I need to be holding the Staff of Fire in my hands to use it, or can I glue it to my back?

If I were to, say, glue a magically charged but typically perishable item to something, would the item still decay?

Can I glue 50 feet of hempen rope to my Staff of Fire to make a Giant Flail of Fiery Destiny?

How long is the average wand and how many can I glue to my Great Flail of Fiery Destiny?

How many D10s would I get to roll if I were to glue my Orb of Dragonkind to the rope end of my Giant Flail of the Fiery War Mage and attack with a Giant Nunchuk of the War Mage's Fiery Dragonkind Destiny?

*hyperventilates*
Last edited by Raid on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Ohh good stuff. Just in time to deal with that unexpected land shark

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 pm
Excellent.

And it was nice to see that our predisposition towards ungodly chaos remains intact :lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Raid wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 pm

If I've, say, glued two items that require attunement together, and D&D Beyond only allows you to attune to three items at once, are you ok with me swapping my attuned items out mid-battle to, say, cast fireball with my staff?

Do I need to be holding the Staff of Fire in my hands to use it, or can I glue it to my back?

If I were to, say, glue a magically charged but typically perishable item to something, would the item still decay?

Can I glue 50 feet of hempen rope to my Staff of Fire to make a Giant Flail of Fiery Destiny?

How long is the average wand and how many can I glue to my Great Flail of Fiery Destiny?

How many D10s would I get to roll if I were to glue my Orb of Dragonkind to the rope end of my Giant Flail of the Fiery War Mage and attack with a Giant Nunchuk of the War Mage's Fiery Dragonkind Destiny?

*hyperventilates*
:shock:

May god have mercy on us all.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Excellent.

And it was nice to see that our predisposition towards ungodly chaos remains intact :lol:
Would it be too much ungodly chaos if I suggested we play out this whole hellish contract with Neverember arc to see how much more influence and power we can exploit for ourselves? -_-

I'm not saying we definitely make him sign his soul away, just keep our options open.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Wrathbone wrote:
Excellent.

Would it be too much ungodly chaos if I suggested we play out this whole hellish contract with Neverember arc to see how much more influence and power we can exploit for ourselves? -_-

I'm not saying we definitely make him sign his soul away, just keep our options open.
Well, I've got the contract now, after all :lol:

And your supposed reward for doing it, so you might need to renegotiate better terms at some point.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
May god have mercy on us all.
Truly, this is a can of worms that someone really ought to glue shut.

Surely a contract isn't worth the paper it's written on until it's signed. I'm not sure that's really a bargaining chip given that surely she would have given it to us anyway seeing as she was asking us to get Neverember to sign it.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm

Raid wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Given that they’re all spells of a level you can already cast almost casually, I’ll say yes.
We’re talking about a magic staff that shoots explosions, not a rapier that has to be physically wielded with delicacy. So yeah, go for it, so long as you understand that gluing it to your back will be permanent until removed with the solvent or a Wish spell.
If you mean the Potato of Destiny, it is now rendered imperishable by natural means. Any other item that would generally perish would still perish if glued.
Yes. Which isn’t to say it would be easy to wield or consequence-free.
About 2ft, and theoretically as many as you wanted (glue quantities permitting) if you glued them to each other.

*hyperventilates*
How many D10s do you have?

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Is the Lucky feat allowed in this campaign? I know some people consider it a bit too strong and prefer it isn't used. Can't really see any other feats worth having so it's between Lucky or just pumping my stats into my constitution this level.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 pm
How many D10s do you have?
/roll1000000d10

Right, that's the Blood War over. Now, how's about we solve the Mystery of the Missing Cheese?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 pm
Is the Lucky feat allowed in this campaign? I know some people consider it a bit too strong and prefer it isn't used. Can't really see any other feats worth having so it's between Lucky or just pumping my stats into my constitution this level.
I’m fine with it. It is a bit OP, but I think balance has been obliterated now in this campaign and we’re in uncharted waters. :lol:
Raid wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:16 pm
/roll1000000d10

Right, that's the Blood War over. Now, how's about we solve the Mystery of the Missing Cheese?
You’ll need far more D10s to figure out who it was.

(It was Jeff, probably.)

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Mantis wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 pm
I’m fine with it. It is a bit OP, but I think balance has been obliterated now in this campaign and we’re in uncharted waters. :lol:
Goodo, it kind of makes up for my woeful health and AC anyway. Plus it's not necessarily the most egregious thing I'm planning for the future off this level up when factoring in the new spell I just learned. -_-