The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Unfortunately I’m not back until next week and the internet connection up here is like going back to the mid-90s. Fine for next week though.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:23 pm

Ah my bad, time seems to have meshed into one big mush at the moment and I thought you were back this week.

Next week is fine with me. Feeds nicely into campaign 1.5 that way as I was pretty much set for a 16th Sept start for the new game.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:30 pm

So are we planning on doing the post-game session this week?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:39 am

Yep, should be fine for Thursday.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:44 am

Good with me.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:45 am

Same same

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:36 pm

Just remembered I was going to make the campaign notes available if anyone wanted to take a glace at the bizarre, unstructured mess I produced over the last two and a half years. :) So here it is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

I've just had a look over one of the oldest docs in there, the Campaign Overview, which I'd completely forgotten about. I wanted to have a broad idea of how the full campaign could go, in full knowledge that it was going to branch off on its own path, but it's weird seeing which bits kind of remained intact (a few bits around Belmaphet and the dragon invasion) and other bits which were totally different. Lord Neverember wasn't even in it - it was Lord Nasher! :lol: I think he's a character from an earlier iteration of D&D (possibly in Neverwinter Nights?).

Also fair warning that the week-to-week notes have a lot of repeated material, which is stuff I liked to keep at hand in case it came up at some point.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:22 pm

Any chance we could push it back to 8.30? I've lost track of time a bit this evening due to a certin new RPG that shall remain nameless and going to be serving my dinner up at 8.

Also, yes, Nasher was NWN1, in fact I think early in the campaign I forgot Neverember's name and actually called him Nasher by accident :lol:

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:27 pm

Yep, no probs.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:40 pm

No worries, gives me a chance to have a look at some of these notes. Blimey!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:28 pm

Slythe, perhaps realising that Jeff's ill-informed, swivel-eyed, froth-mouthed loose-cannoneering may have led him astray during the investigation, decided that releasing Neverember would be shrewd before their crime was discovered and they were run out of the city. The group concocted and executed a plan to stage a fake rescue of Neverember (as he was unaware of who had kidnapped him) and then use Sage's newly-constructed teleportation ring to take them to the Cloak Tower. Against all the odds, the plan worked and Neverember was none the wiser as to what had actually happened. Nevertheless, the Unmentionables were concerned that a cover story would need to be created for the kidnpapping. It was decided that they would blame the pirates of Luskan, using the skull and crossbones necklace they had taken from High Captain Barri Baram as evidence which they had supposedly found on one of Neverember's captors.
I think this whole sequence remains one of my favourite parts of the campaign :lol:

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 pm

After a lengthy break, I've come back to working on the new campaign setting. I think I'm pretty much done with the map for the continent of Galania if anyone wants to have a gander (unless you want to keep it a surprise, of course :) ):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14_gRgO ... sp=sharing

I may add roads to it, but I need to play around with that first in Wonderdraft.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:46 pm

Couldn't help myself. It looks really cool! I always forget that you can add hex tiles to them. Looking forward to seeing what crazy things the setting brings.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:23 am

I've got a hundred questions, but I'll hold off an asking any of them until we actually begin.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:29 am

Probably for the best, as right now I have about 4 answers. :lol: My approach is to start with a map, come up with names for places that sound interesting or have some plausible etymology and then figure out what it all means afterwards. I will say that the Bastion Kingdom is not actually a kingdom anymore, which came about after I decided Aldania was known as the Last Kingdom and then took a second look at the map...

EDIT - Actually if you do have any burning questions then feel free to post them, because even if I don't answer them now I can mull them over so I have answers in the game. If there are questions around things that you'd expect most people in the world to know, like where certain races are from, etc, I can probably answer some of them now so they can inform your character backstories.