Landlord

Re: The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Post by Mantis » Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Should be fine for it.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue May 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Suffice to say I am not having the best of weeks thus far. I'll attend if everyone's here, but I might be a bit quiet tonight.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue May 14, 2019 5:24 pm

Shall we postpone to Thursday then? I am absolutely shattered today.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm

I'm cool either way. Would really like to get one in this week though if we can :)

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Let’s postpone to Thursday because I too am completely done in tonight. Like you say, Sly, I’d really like a game this week too! :)

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 am

Everyone good for tonight?

<fingers crossed>

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu May 16, 2019 11:25 am

Yep!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu May 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Yus.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu May 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Sorry, for some reason wife has decided she has to read the children their story in this room tonight and will not be deterred... will join once the delightful strains of The Cat in the Hat has ceased... -_-

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm

Sorry guys, I only got back from work about 20 minutes ago so I'm running pretty late tonight.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Apologies for the audio issues last night - not sure what was going on, but I'll try to ensure it's sorted for next time.

Anyway, the recap:
The Unmentionables continued their mingling amongst the Neverwinter nobility by talking to Lady Tanye, the Master of the People - the representative of the citizens of Neverwinter on the Council. She did not take a liking to the motley bunch of misfits, (not unwarranted, given that her coin pouch was then stolen from her) but their exchange of insults was interrupted by a peculiar and disturbing turn of events: Sir Carac, the noble paladin and Master of Justice, rose abruptly from his seat, drew his sword and lunged at Lord Neverember with a glazed expression.

Amidst the panic that erupted in the room, the party quickly realised that Sir Carac was not in control of himself, and was subject to some nefarious exterior influence. Truss and General Sabine rushed to try and restrain the paladin as he hacked at Lord Neverember, whose armour thankfully did its job of (mostly) protecting him. Charr, sensing the stirrings of destiny, grabbed a handful of potato fritters from the table next to him and heroically lobbed them towards Sir Carac as a distraction, though alas they hit Lady Tanye square in the face instead, sending her reeling to the ground in a fit of starch-based distress. The scene of chaos was suddenly enshrouded in impenetrable darkness, as Sage cast a spell at Sir Carac to hinder his assault.

It was at this point that the party noticed two of the four band members acting suspiciously, un-panicked and staring intently towards the darkness enveloping Sir Carac. With their actions uncovered, the two musicians sprouted wings and horns and shed their human disguises to reveal their true natures: a succubus and an incubus, terrible fiends from the Abyss. Slythe, having given his bow to Brior Felhim for it to be enchanted, reached for the mace Lightbringer and lunged at the incubus in stealthy fury. The glowing radiance that erupted from the strike dazzled all in the vicinity, giving Slythe a moment to hide from view again (*cough*retcon*ahem*). Sage quickly evaluated the scene and determined that a deafening Shatter spell would hit both fiends, along with the acceptable civilian losses of the other two band members. For the greater good... or some kind of good, presumably... or another vaguely justifiable reason, Sage sent forth his magical assault, causing intense pain to the fiends and instant, ear-bleeding death to the innocent minstrels whose corpses then flopped to the ground. Meanwhile, Charr sent a number of minute meteors (of Melf's variety) hurtling towards the succubus.

Being fiends, the succubus and incubus were no strangers to evil and sordid deeds, which apparently included personal assaults of a most ribald nature as the incubus proceeded to kiss Slythe full on the lips, and similarly the succubus advanced on Charr. Far from being romances for the bards to sing about in years to come, the embraces were clearly substandard and unrequited based on the screams of harrowing pain from Slythe and Charr. The party responded with further attacks as Slythe and Charr then retreated to a safe distance from the handsy predators. The succubus sought a new victim, kissing the already unconscious Lady Tanye until her face turned grey. The incubus foolishly attempted to win the heart of the mighty Truss, who was unswayed by such feeble flirtations, and responded by garroting the fiend and then plunging his greatsword through its throat. Sage rounded on the succubus, destroying her with his eldritch powers.

With the fiends dead, Sir Carac's mind returned to him and he ceased his attack. The party and the Council quickly established that Sir Carac was no longer a threat and that the fiends had been controlling him. The paladin rushed to heal Lady Tanye, who awoke in a foul temper, but sadly the two minstrels were too far gone for Sir Carac to restore to life. Sage searched their bodies, finding a flyer for the Winged Wyvern tavern on one of them, and then proceeded to extract some of their blood into vials. Sir Carac questioned this undignified act, but Sage put forth an extraordinarily compelling argument as to why it was necessary. An outsider could be forgiven for thinking he had innocent blood on his hands, but in fact his sanguine extraction was handled with deft cleanliness.

The Unmentionables retired to chambers within the Hall of Justice with many questions unanswered. Who were the fiends? Where did they come from? Were they working alone? Did anyone notice Sage commit culpable manslaughter? Only one thing seemed certain: Lord Neverember's suspicions of a conspiracy were not unfounded.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri May 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 pm
Sage... then proceeded to extract some of their blood into vials. Sir Carac questioned this undignified act, but Sage put forth an extraordinarily compelling argument as to why it was necessary. An outsider could be forgiven for thinking he had innocent blood on his hands, but in fact his sanguine extraction was handled with deft cleanliness.
:lol:

Did anyone notice Sage commit culpable manslaughter?
=D>

Great session, thanks WB, and totally not what I was expecting when the evening began :o

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun May 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Cheers, was holding onto that twist for a few weeks! ;)

This week it's going to be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday for me. Any takers?