Vaping then.

Exciting adventures IRL.
Jez

Vaping then.

Post by Jez » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Primarily a thread for vaping discussion.

What are you using at the moment then Ian? Others if applicable?

I'm still on my Kylin RTA dual rebuildable.

My old vape shop has suddenly disappeared and been replaced by a new one. Only discovered this today. Sad to see the old guys go they were always helpful and I got a good discount with them.

The new guys have a really nice lass there now who is very knowledgeable though so that helps and the new range of juices are a nice change.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Snowy
Local

Re: Vaping then.

Post by Snowy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:58 pm

New juices are always a bonus! And nice lasses :)

I switch between two at the moment - I have a stabwood squonk mod running a wasp nano RTA which gets occasional use, plus my go-to vape which is an Asmodus Lustro 200w mod using a Russian 98% RTA.

The Russian is absolutely superb. While I like the Kylin (which I also have) I find they are a bastard for leaking, where the Russian while having less capacity is virtually leak free. Additionally they have a very clever wicking system where you place the wicking just above the juice-hole so it rests on top, rather than the usual mechanism of pushing it down into a space within the juice-hole itself. This removes any chance of the wicking getting even vaguely compacted and not getting a good juice-flow. It is also a twin-coil deck, the only drawback being there is very little space inside the bell housing, and if you don't build it really tight to the posts you can get shorting on the case. Easy to spot if this happens, as your ohms jump all over the place (plus you will be running mighty hot and dry hits won't be long in coming) but building a tight deck isn't hard, so a very minor inconvenience.

Oh, and I have my Goon dripper too, for when I am in the mood for crazy clouds :)

Juice-wise, I have had a few nice ones of late. There is my absolute go-to favourite Cuttwood Boss Reserve, with Beard No 51 also a regular.

I have also bought a little CoilMaster vape brush which is brilliant for massively extending the life of your coils. Whenever I change my wicking (usually every 1-2 days) just whip out the old, dry fire to get a nice glow on the coils, and brush off any accumulated gunk with the brush. For less than a fiver, this little beauty has paid for itself ten times over - I change my coils now probably once every couple of months. It also doubles as a coil jig, but I don't tend to use it for that as I have a better little jig that I wind my coils with. It is handy for twisting coils into place once you screw them onto the posts though.

Coil wise I use build my own using Flatwire flat clapton SS 316L, with Cotton Bacon wicking.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Jez

Post by Jez » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 am

Haha well funnily enough today I made some purchases online following on from visit to vape shop.

Bought a squonk set up myself.

An Ohm Boy Rage 155w mod with a Blitz hermetic RDA single coil tank...both highly recommended by my goto youtuber channel, Vaping with Vic.

Looking forward to those arriving. I've stuck with the Kylin for over a year now and really the leaking isn't too bad once the wicking is done right but it a ever so fuckin finicky to get it spot on. So yes a change will be nice I think.

You like the "cakey" types of juices mate, never been a huge fan, had a few that were really bad and turned me off them since.
19-10-2003

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:52 am

Nice, the squonk setup is good, all the benefits of a dripper without constantly fiddling with bottles of juice.

The downside to them is that they need to be carefully handled, and can't just be stuck in a pocket and forgotten about - but you will have guessed that already!

What are some of your favourite juices then mate? I tend to favour desserts although not exclusively, and I am very choosy as glaggy ones are quite common - if you have a recommendation I am eager to try it :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Jez

Post by Jez » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:41 am

I like the fruity based ranges. I have vaping a lot from the Doozy vapes range recently. All of their stuff is pretty good for fruit flavours.
19-10-2003

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Jez, something that occurred to me:

When you get the squonk, don't fill the bottle all the way to the top - leave about a 5mm gap as it will let you place it without pushing juice out and making the whole thing a mess. Also when you fill the bottle, pop a finger over the top of the 'straw' poking out of the bottle as you screw the cap on - same reason.

:)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Jez

Post by Jez » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Yep good tips mate for sure there. I'd imagine I'll do all sorts of stupidity with it to start.

What wire you using with yours was is that 316 SS you posted above, sorry if that's perfectly obvious.
19-10-2003

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Jez wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:18 pm
What wire you using with yours was is that 316 SS
Yes mate, using a flat clapton SS wire for coils, always got on with stainless steel.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018