Black Friday - its bollocks but what will you get

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Black Friday - its bollocks but what will you get

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:04 pm

In the market for a 65'' 4K TV around £500. That will do nicely.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Re: Black Friday - its bollocks but what will you get

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Looking for the cheapest possible PS4 so I can play all the PS exclusives I've missed over the last few years (Horizon, Spiderman, some others I'm forgetting). I'd probably bite around £170.

So far I've not seen a single Black Friday deal anywhere for anything that's tempted me.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:12 pm

I had a look at a plastic shed on Amazon yesterday :lol:

I can't see myself getting anything, tbh. Money's just too tight at the moment.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 pm
Looking for the cheapest possible PS4 so I can play all the PS exclusives I've missed over the last few years (Horizon, Spiderman, some others I'm forgetting). I'd probably bite around £170.

So far I've not seen a single Black Friday deal anywhere for anything that's tempted me.
Don't bother with Horizons Zero Dawn, apart from the cool dinosaurs it's a pretty standard open world game. Get yourself one of the Yakuza games, Zero is the best place to start, much more interesting and better games.

Jez

Post by Jez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:49 pm

I'll find myself picking up some Xmas bits for family no doubt. Nothing exciting for myself though spent enough on new PC
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:58 pm

Looking to get a mobo and processor upgrade but I'd probably have better luck in January sales.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

I have no plans for anything tech related. I'm planning to spend a lot of money renovating my flat in the near future so saving as much as I can for that.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm

I've picked up a new phone for a pretty decent deal, spreads the cost over two years and the tariff works out cheaper than my current one whilst adding an additional 47gb of data every month. So pretty happy with that.

What I'm not happy with is having to get used to no headphone jack. Single worst trend EVER.

I'm considering picking up a new monitor too as there's £150 off a nice 27" IPS Acer Gynsc model.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:41 pm

I've been using Bluetooth headphones for a while now so the lack of audio port doesn't really impact me (though my current phone does have one).

Last week I did discover this is a pain in the arse when flying though because it meant I had to use the shitty free headphones to listen to the inflight movie.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:26 pm
I've picked up a new phone for a pretty decent deal, spreads the cost over two years and the tariff works out cheaper than my current one whilst adding an additional 47gb of data every month. So pretty happy with that.

What I'm not happy with is having to get used to no headphone jack. Single worst trend EVER.
I know what you mean, I can't stand having to use Bluetooth earphones. They have to be constantly charged and as I use them on the tube where there is a fair bit of interference so they will pop every so often. Total pain in the butt.

Only thing I've bought so far is God of War for £21.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Bluetooth is a great way of nuking your phone battery too alongside the pain of charging your headphones. I only recently paid an arm and a leg for a really nice pair of Bose noise cancelling earbuds too, so it's going to be that silly little adapter dongle for me.

I'm actually considering just buying a separate music device now to put high quality downloads and CD rips onto.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 pm

The adaptor is OK as long as you don't put your phone in your pocket. Managed to break mine by doing that.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:37 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Don't bother with Horizons Zero Dawn, apart from the cool dinosaurs it's a pretty standard open world game. Get yourself one of the Yakuza games, Zero is the best place to start, much more interesting and better games.
Balls it is, it’s great! Good story, acting and great combat. Only just bought the dlc yesterday and I’ve loved being back in that world again. It just controls so well that. Probably my second favourite console exclusive this gen. I usually get bored quick in open world games and rarely finish them but Horizon has something special. Can’t wait for the sequel!

Yakuza is good, no question, right enough I’ve not played any since PS2 even though I have bought zero and 6 which I’ll get to one day....
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 pm
The adaptor is OK as long as you don't put your phone in your pocket. Managed to break mine by doing that.
Those are the kinds of technological advancements I'm really excited about when I pay £899 for a phone.

Tichinde

Post by Tichinde » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Well, just bought a new TV (old one was on it's way out).
The i5-2500K is still smashing along.
I'm not "allowed" any more guitars.

Yeah, I'm getting nothing :)
"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry