Forum Downtime

Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: Forum Downtime

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:39 am

I've had to change my bookmark for the unread posts link, and my theme keeps alternating between two different ones. This has been happening for a few days now.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Hmm, maybe it did log people out when I implemented the changes then.

Clear your cache Raid and see how that fixes things. I'll give the hamster on the wheel a bit of a kick later when I get home.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:22 pm

It didn't log me out or anything; I didn't even notice the down time.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm

The only thing I noticed was all my New Posts bookmarks needed remaking, on mobile and PC.

The other thing I have been meaning to bring up is PW had a setting where you only received one notification email per sponsored thread, until you revisited, whereas I get an email for each new post made in between visits....could you possibly look into that when you get a mo please Mantis? Cheers for all the hard work mate.

We need a thumbs up icon.... :D b
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:29 pm

eny wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm
This!

*thumbs up*

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:18 pm

eny wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm
The only thing I noticed was all my New Posts bookmarks needed remaking, on mobile and PC.

The other thing I have been meaning to bring up is PW had a setting where you only received one notification email per sponsored thread, until you revisited, whereas I get an email for each new post made in between visits....could you possibly look into that when you get a mo please Mantis? Cheers for all the hard work mate.

I'm pretty certain that's actually an update between versions of phpbb. PW ran on a very old version that only updated you once, the latest one we're on sends notifications every time there is a response; it's simply built that way.

I should be able to tinker with it to change that, but it could have unforeseen circumstances to other features of the forum.