The Photography Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Alan

Re: The Photography Thread

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Don’t get caught up in pixel peeping quality and megapixels, you’ll just drive yourself nuts and gain very little. Look/feel/size are way more important unless you’re planning on printing a billboard. If you don’t go “ooh” when you see and hold it move on ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Yeah, can't agree with that more. Ergonomics and control layout are quite important, and it's one of the main reasons I stuck with Canon. The touch interface and menus too are so much better than the other manufacturers' offerings.

If I can make a recommendation; try and get a camera with a fully rotating and articulating screen, because it's just so versatile. Many models have one that just tilts, meaning you can see it from either above or below but not both. The 250D has what I'm referring to. Admittedly I do a lot of photography on a tripod (and the screen lets me check my shot from pretty much any angle), so if you're not going to do that your mileage may vary.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Long time, no photo. Nothing exciting, but I took my camera out on today's 5am anti-social walk to do a b it of playing around with light and contrast (the sun being low means lots of exciting shadows).

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Ooh, I like the first one. What building is that / where are you?
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:10 pm

It's Ashton Memorial, a large folly in a local park.