Nuclear deterrence. Lets see if that works with 2 nutter countries

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Nuclear deterrence. Lets see if that works with 2 nutter countries

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

India v Pakistan

I can honestly seeing this as the first regional nuclear war. Nothing that India or Pakistan do will surprise me. I just hope for all of us it does not escalate to involve China and Russia because then you can kiss your future & ass goodbye. This may sound pessimistic but in this day and age I am not optimistic for anything. Maybe planet Earth is better off without us after all.
Last edited by Achtung Englander on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Re: Nuclear deterrence. Lets see if that works with 2 nutter countries

Post by Animalmother » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 pm

Aye, things on the world stage are looking very grim lately. There seems to be an abundance of utter scumbags in charge of the nuclear armed countries. I think the fact that China borders the region might make it less likely that anything very serious might kick off as neither country wants to drag those fuckers in.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm

They went to war briefly in 1999 and didn't nuke each other then. I think it's unlikely that either side is mad enough to actually ensure the complete and utter destruction of their nation by resorting to use of nuclear weapons. India also specifically operates a non-first use policy with regards to nukes.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:32 am

I believe it was either Pakistan vs India, or Pakistan vs Iran, that resulted in the first Instant Sunshine of World War Z. Someone with their copy closer to them than mine is can verify that.

HistoryGeek Fact: The 1971 conflict between them might have been (allegedly) the last time a submarine was destroyed in anger - conspiracy theories about Kursk aside. PNS (Pakistani Navy Submarine) Ghazi disappeared while supposedly tying down the Indian carrier Vikrant during the conflict. Both of the vessels involved, as an aside, were Western hand-me-downs - the sub an ex-US Navy boat, the carrier formerly HMS Hercules.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:27 am

The Jackal wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:32 am
I believe it was either Pakistan vs India, or Pakistan vs Iran, that resulted in the first Instant Sunshine of World War Z. Someone with their copy closer to them than mine is can verify that.
iirc Pakistan and Iran destroyed each other over Pakistani refugees entering Iran.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:55 am

At least Gandhi won't have his finger on the red button -_-