The Travel Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Travel Thread

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Yeah, I meant the risk of catching it rather than risk of death. I am genuinely worried about my parents as they’re both over 60, both with pre-existing health conditions which would put them in severe risk if they get it. We’re all taking it seriously and taking basic precautions because the reality is in a month or two it will likely be a real threat to them.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:42 am

do you live near your folks ? Can you do the shopping for them etc etc. My mum who is 80 is in lockdown....and that suits her just fine ! :lol:

Government announces plans today

School closures - :shock: - stuck with my 6 year old I think I may go mad !
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:04 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:42 am
do you live near your folks ? Can you do the shopping for them etc etc. My mum who is 80 is in lockdown....and that suits her just fine ! :lol:
A 3 hour train journey away. I don't have a car (don't really need one) but I might consider getting one for visiting them, because otherwise I'm liable to catch and give the virus to them. My sister lives in the same town as them though, so she's there for emergencies.

The saddest thing is that because I'm very close to them, I head there about once a month (all my family is over there - I'm the only one in my family to have escaped West Yorkshire :lol: ), and now that might not be advisable for a while depending on how bad things get.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:44 pm

I going to buy rice pasta crackers water and meat for freezer and bog roll. There. Emergency planning done.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:52 pm

we are seeing a slow exponential growth among people catching it. I wonder when the tipping point will be ?