Space Crusade Mission 1: Seek & Destroy - COMPLETED

Exciting adventures IRL.
Maturin

Re: Space Crusade Mission 1: Seek & Destroy

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:07 am

Yes, we ignore 4, 5 & 6 on the red dice and 3, 4, 5 & 6 on the white dice. So definitely reroll the red 6.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:08 am

Maturin wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:07 am
Yes, we ignore 4, 5 & 6 on the red dice and 3, 4, 5 & 6 on the white dice. So definitely reroll the red 6.
Cool, the 6 is rerolled to a 2.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:10 am

So that's 9 damage in total. I have 2 red and 2 white....!

Roll(4d6)+0:
1,1,3,2,+0
Total:7

Ooooohh! That 3 can't count on the white dice which means I only score 4. Which leaves a difference of 5 - the Dreadnought only has 3 life points.

You tear through the Dreadnought's control unit with your Power Glove and it crumples to the floor!
Last edited by Maturin on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:11 am

YES! :D

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:12 am

Gorman the hero!

MOTHERSHIP COMMUNICATION: Primary objective complete, all units must return to the docking claws.

The mission isn't over yet. There's a chance of further Genestealer attacks plus other dangers.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:14 am

This is Gorman's redemption story.

For my final moves I'll move Apone (bolter) and Vasquez (plasma) to the centre (as close as they can get) of the nearest room to my docking claw.

Signing off now for (probably) the rest of the day, if I'm on later it'll probably be quite late this evening.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am

The points aren't so close now. ¬_¬

Spoiler

If you're all okay with this, to speed things along, I'm happy to move all your marines in turn to the docking claws for you - and I'll only stop if I pull an Alien Event Card which needs to be actioned.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:21 am

Fine with me.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:24 am

Well done Sly

Luckily all my bods are a single move from the airlock.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:36 am

Amongst the Event Cards I've pulled, most of which aren't relevant now, I pull Mothership Commo:

Secondary Mission: Enemy have deployed a Reconnaissance Android. Locate and eliminate.

The Ultramarines already achieved this and therefore receive the Secondary Mission Token, which is 15 points.

So total points:
Blood Angels: 84
Ultramarines: 39
Imperial Fists: 19

Next up will be de-briefing and awards.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Combat Effectiveness:

Imperial fists: 11-30 points. An acceptable performance. You are awarded one Honour Badge.
Ultramarines: 31-50 points. A commendable performance. You are awarded two Honour Badges.
Blood Angels: 51 points or more. A heroic performance. You are awarded three Honour Badges.

How honour badges work:
Spoiler
The maximum you can have is 4. Each one gives you an extra Equipment card. Inbetween missions you can trade 4 of them for a promotion.

Of course that will mean having 0 honour badges in the next mission (which means you only have 4 Equipment cards), but it gives you an extra Order card plus 1 step closer to winning the campaign.

The final promotion to Captain Senioris can only be achieved by winning a mission though.

Promotions:

Blood Angels: Commander Gorman, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Primus. Good job, commander.

Ranking table:
Spoiler

In the next mission you will each be allowed to use the following number of cards:

Blood Angels: 2 Order Cards and 7 Equipment Cards
Ultramarines: 1 Order Card and 6 Equipment Cards
Imperial Fists: 1 Order Card and 5 Equipment Cards
Last edited by Maturin on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maturin

Re: Space Crusade Mission 1: Seek & Destroy - COMPLETED

Post by Maturin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:26 pm

So this concludes our first mission. After a slow start figuring out the rules and stuff, we ended up speeding along by the end. The next mission will probably take half as long to complete.

Just a few things I noticed which may help you in future missions; apart from Sly at the very end, you all underused your Commanders. They each have 6 life points! Don't be afraid to send them in at the front and kill hard targets with their special weapons. (Although admittedly Mantis didn't have the best chance to do so here).

The Blood Angels commander has the force field which makes him almost invulnerable to Gretchins, Orks & Chaos Marine Bolter fire - and Ultramarines have the medi-kit to refresh their life points partway through a mission. I kinda think they're designed to bear the brunt of the combat.

Animalmother - you didn't use your Fire Order card or your Blind Grenades Equipment card, and you could have definitely grabbed more points in that final part of the game if you'd done so.

But all in all, it was a really good effort considering it was a new game to the 3 of you. I'll post up the Mission 2 details tomorrow and we can work out the best time to tackle it. Should run a lot smoother from the start this time.

The game gets more and more interesting/challenging from Mission 3 onwards, but if at any point one of you feels you're too busy and needs to drop out, I'm sure there's one or two others on here who could step in. We'll see how it goes (but it would be nice to see one of you reach Captain Senioris before we stop).

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Space Crusade Mission 1: Seek & Destroy - COMPLETED

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks for running this mate, was a lot of fun.

I planned out my final move in the shower the other morning (I'd hoped to be able to use the photon grenade order as well to really pummel that dreadnought), and I've been dying to enact it since. :lol:

I'm not really sure I understand how honour badges work, but I've had a few drinks so I'll have another go in the morning.

Quite pleased for canonical reasons that I've got Lt Gorman :)