The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Alan

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Alan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 am

Iphone SE2.

They finally released it and its in a bloody 8 shell! They still sell the 8, just make an 8S if you must and make an SE2 nice and small. A 5 shell, edge to edge screen and faceID. Dream phone! :cry:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 am

I understood some of those words :lol:

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:42 am

SE small phone.
SE2 big phone.
Alan want small phone!

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Jesus christ, the new Amazon app's design is truly awful on iOS, no idea if it matches the Android one or what. Fuck-ugly custom tabs near the bottom, but floating atop the content - yuck! Everything is slow to react, the animations are janky as fuck, elements change to the wrong size then animate into position…

If I had built this, I would be ashamed.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Drarok wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Jesus christ, the new Amazon app's design is truly awful on iOS, no idea if it matches the Android one or what. Fuck-ugly custom tabs near the bottom, but floating atop the content - yuck! Everything is slow to react, the animations are janky as fuck, elements change to the wrong size then animate into position…

If I had built this, I would be ashamed.
Agree, I much prefer the previous design to this pos.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Yeah, agreed. And that's saying something as well, the previous design was shit, but as least it wasn't this shit!
Raid wrote:
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:32 pm

Most of Amazon's site and app is shit. If they didn't get in so early they would never survive in such a state. Even things as simple as "sort by price" does virtually sweet fuck all. I'm fairly sure "sort by" just re randomises the search results.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Similar to Ebay. The site's been creaking at the seams for over 10 years now, and the basic antiquated architecture is pretty much exactly the same as it was from the early days (especially for sellers). But because they have no major competition, and Ebay/Paypal are raking it in, they have no need to rebuild it properly from scratch, which it desperately needs.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 am

A thing with Amazon which perpetually shits me off is the inability for me to buy Kindle books on the app. I finish reading a book (being a fantasy fan usually one of a series) but can I buy the next one? No, need to use Safari instead to access the main Amazon web page.

Dogshite tbh.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:05 am

Thats an apple thing. I think they relaxed it recently so it might get patched at some point. They didnt want apps to bypass their store for in app purchases.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 pm

On the matter of Amazon, I've had Prime for ages and never really explored the Prime Video stuff.

Setting aside the fact that the selection of movies on offer is absolutely terrible, jesus the site is ridiculously poor to navigate. No decent categorisation options and one wrong click leads to you browsing choices which are only available via additional rental costs. The amount of times I've finally found a film I want to watch and discovered that I misclicked somewhere on the site and it'll cost me £3 and isn't part of my free selection is doing my nut in. Netflix has been a bit poor lately with them removing stuff from the catalogue but Prime Video is just atrocious.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon May 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Mantis wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:51 pm
On the matter of Amazon, I've had Prime for ages and never really explored the Prime Video stuff.

Setting aside the fact that the selection of movies on offer is absolutely terrible, Jesus the site is ridiculously poor to navigate. No decent categorisation options and one wrong click leads to you browsing choices which are only available via additional rental costs. The amount of times I've finally found a film I want to watch and discovered that I misclicked somewhere on the site and it'll cost me £3 and isn't part of my free selection is doing my nut in. Netflix has been a bit poor lately with them removing stuff from the catalogue but Prime Video is just atrocious.
Agree. On the ios app there's a filter to only show free stuff included with prime, no such luck on my smart tv or FireStick. When you filter out the stuff that's only available on channels like StarzPlay you see how poor the selection on prime is. Some of the "recently added" films are so old I can even remember seeing them in the cinema in my distant youth.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon May 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Amazon have always been shit at design though, so I'm not sure why either of you are surprised. Their site is barely-useable garbage and their video offering matches.
Raid wrote:

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Yeah the Video app on ps4 is abysmal. Just like amazon in general they're counting on you clicking and buying something on accident.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu May 28, 2020 7:14 am

Bluetooth. When it works, great, but when it decides to be a dick... good grief, it's spiteful. I have bluetooth headphones and multiple compatible devices with bluetooth enabled by default, which means when I turn the headphones on it's pot luck as to which device they connect to. You'd think you could just choose the headphones from the bluetooth menu for the device you want to use, but noooooo, once they've connected they'll stick to their choice like a tramp on chips until bluetooth is manually disabled on the unwanted device. And sometimes when I've finally got my phone connected as intended, it won't actually play anything through the headphones until I've cycled bluetooth on and off again on the phone, because Android likes to troll. ](*,)

Might just go back to a 3.5mm cable.