The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:45 am

People on a night out and are obnoxious and loud to say to others "yeah I am having more fun than you" like its some sort of competition, driving some people to completely lose their blob
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 am

I'm sure most people have that one friend who acts as the fun police and makes it their job on a night out to ensure and enforce that everyone has their idea of fun.

If I want to mope quietly and contentedly in a corner until I can justifiably scuttle home without being spotted leaving, nobody will stop me. [-(

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Alan wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:25 am
Rossell wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:38 am
People who buy bright pink cars. Nothing more to add there.
I’m fine with that but it’s when they put massive eye lashes on the lights :|
Yuck. Get in the fucking sea.

And yep I've had that friend and been that friend on a night out. I just don't care anymore really lol.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 pm

Face masks are now compulsory on all public transport here. Wearing one with glasses results in them getting clouded up the first time you breathe out, it's shite. My gf got me a fancy reusable mask that looks like some one cut a bra in half, I feel like a tit in it anyway.

Still though if it helps I can't complain really.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:08 pm
Face masks are now compulsory on all public transport here. Wearing one with glasses results in them getting clouded up the first time you breathe out, it's shite. My gf got me a fancy reusable mask that looks like some one cut a bra in half, I feel like a tit in it anyway.

Still though if it helps I can't complain really.
I got a thin thing that bikers wear (I think) and because its thin youre breathing through it rather than into it so maybe that would work better? Its like a tube you stick round your neck and you can just pull it up over your holes when needed. I dont have glasses but its way less sweaty when I'm moving stuff at work.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 pm

There's a facebook group for the housing estate I live on, and someone's just posted images of their cat which has been shot with an air rifle. It seemingly happened during sunday afternoon, and now I'm too worried about letting our two out. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:42 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 pm
There's a facebook group for the housing estate I live on, and someone's just posted images of their cat which has been shot with an air rifle. It seemingly happened during sunday afternoon, and now I'm too worried about letting our two out. What the fuck is wrong with people?
I know mate it's ridiculous. Around our way people have been purposely leaving broken glass, rocks and other debris on bike trails in an effort to knock people off.

Few years ago they were cutting up small pieces of meat and putting nails in them for dogs. People round my way can be a bit fucked.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:44 pm

I guess I'm just utterly incapable of understanding the mindset of someone who could just shoot a harmless animal, much less someone's beloved pet. Why don't the scummy little fucks just shoot each other if they want a moving target?

On a much lighter note, I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was delicious and I'd recommend it. I had maybe two thirds of a breast with the intention of eating the rest of the chicken throughout the week. However, I probably ate half as much again when picking apart the chicken to go into the fridge. I am physically incapable of removing the meat from the carcass without eating a significant portion of what I remove because still-warm roast chicken is the food of the gods.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:44 pm
I guess I'm just utterly incapable of understanding the mindset of someone who could just shoot a harmless animal, much less someone's beloved pet. Why don't the scummy little fucks just shoot each other if they want a moving target?

On a much lighter note, I made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was delicious and I'd recommend it. I had maybe two thirds of a breast with the intention of eating the rest of the chicken throughout the week. However, I probably ate half as much again when picking apart the chicken to go into the fridge. I am physically incapable of removing the meat from the carcass without eating a significant portion of what I remove because still-warm roast chicken is the food of the gods.
It's not just me that does that, then :lol:

Half the time I do a roast chicken dinner I end up spoiling my appetite before I get to the table.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm

Me three.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:15 pm

I deliberately left taking the majority of the meat off until *after* I'd had my meal so that I wouldn't be hungry when doing it. It didn't help.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:19 pm

I find myself cooking twice as much bacon as I actually require, not just because I'm iffy about putting opened food back into my fridge (my flat has a horrendous curse of making things go off despite being nicely stored) but because the first batch is what's to snack on while cooking the second.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:00 pm

YouTube recommending me alt-right, Fox News, Trump touting, flat earth horseshit all of a sudden. I used to get the odd one but now it's like a burst sewer main. I like to watch the odd gaming channel, stuff about natural history and some historical whatzits. Looking at my recommendation list lately makes me appear like an anti vaxxer, right wing fuckwit.

Load of old bollocks that is :?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:08 am

Fight against it, Do Not Recommend anything close to what you dislike. If they're all coming from one channel, then DNR'ing the channel solves it all in one go.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:01 am

Check for Brightside, could be that. They do inane innocuous clickbaity videos and are allegedly Russian based and allegedly pushed random pro trump stuff during the last election. They’re also one of the most subbed channels on YouTube so it’s easy to find yourself on their page.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/biggest-soc ... s-russians

Honestly, what a great operation. You have to respect what they pulled off ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.