The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Animalmother
Local

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Animalmother » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:29 am

I do like Jackfrags channel. He only does videos on very limited types of games ( mostly FPS's) but he's calm and doesn't have a gimmick. I also like the fact he doesn't feel the need to show his face while playing the game, why the fuck would I want to look at any of these knobends faces?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:14 am

Burglar alarms. What is the point in them other than to piss off everyone in a half-mile radius and to advertise to burglars that nobody is in the property?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:46 pm

Ryanair, the worst shower of fucking cunts ever to stain the planet. I would highly recommend that no one ever fly with them even if it costs more with another airline. Between the complete uncertainty that they'll even be flying there's the hidden costs and all the underhand penny grabbing antics they use to ensure your frustrated and stressed before you even step on the plane. Fucking cunts!! :evil:

Sorry, I'm supposed to be going on holidays on Thursday and am a tad stressed with my chosen airline. ](*,)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:48 pm

Been a long while (decade or more?) since I used them I think, what sort of things do they gouge you for these days?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:54 pm

The latest is they won't let you check in early unless you pay extra for a particular seat, which is fine flying out but means your fucked on the other side coming home. They will then charge you an extra €50+ if you check in at the desk. If thats 2 people you've just added another €100 onto your ticket, I've been stung with that before. They also lost my gf's bags last time we flew with them. It's just the utter contempt they have for customers and staff apparently, hence they might be going on strike the day I'm supposed to be flying out.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Fifty euros just to check in? What's the free method (you can tell it's been a while since I flew :lol:)?

Do they still fly you to some crappy little airport in the middle of nowhere a hundred miles from where you actually intended to be? That always annoyed me.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 pm

I’ve only flown with Ryanair once, to Budapest. I can only describe it as the Mos Eisley cantina of planes, minus the jazz band.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm

:lol:

Even the dismemberment? :o

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 pm

I flew with them years ago to Stockholm. By "Stockholm" they meant some airport in the arsehole of nowhere a 90 minute bus journey to actual Stockholm. It still something they do alright.

There is no free method of anything with them unfortunately. I just the bigger idiot for using them and then being surprised I've been arse rode.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm

That costs extra...

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:41 am

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:23 pm
I flew with them years ago to Stockholm. By "Stockholm" they meant some airport in the arsehole of nowhere a 90 minute bus journey to actual Stockholm. It still something they do alright.

There is no free method of anything with them unfortunately. I just the bigger idiot for using them and then being surprised I've been arse rode.
Wait, so it's a non-optional 50 euros per person? That's terrible!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 pm

It didn't feel out of the question. :lol: I think I've mentioned it before on here, but I was on a stag do and we were the civilised ones on that flight. There was another stag do for a certain Deano, and his lot were tearing the place up like barbarians. One of them was chundering in the toilet with the door open (at least he made it there, I guess). The flight crew didn't give a shit.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 am

You can check in for free online or on their app. I'm meant to be flying home with them tomorrow and checked in last night, obviously I didn't get a seat next to my girlfriend because people have already been conned into buying them early so we got allocated ones at opposite ends of the plane. You can check in early up to two weeks before the flight if you pay for a seat, otherwise you are limited to checking in 48 hours before your flight.

There's a good chance I won't even be flying tomorrow at this point anyway thanks to the strikes.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 am

Mantis wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:58 am
You can check in for free online or on their app. I'm meant to be flying home with them tomorrow and checked in last night, obviously I didn't get a seat next to my girlfriend because people have already been conned into buying them early so we got allocated ones at opposite ends of the plane. You can check in early up to two weeks before the flight if you pay for a seat, otherwise you are limited to checking in 48 hours before your flight.

There's a good chance I won't even be flying tomorrow at this point anyway thanks to the strikes.
That's what I meant to say, you can check in 48 before, but if you chose to check in at airport you get charged 50 notes for the pleasure. The strike might not go ahead, there's a possible court injunction against it. Find out this afternoon.

Just never fly with them.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:56 pm

I've flown with Ryanair quite a lot over the past 3 years and haven't really had an issue with them - I just treat the experience like a bus with wings.

They are definately making it more complex to take anything more than a wallet with you these days, that's for sure.