The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:37 am

I've had to almost physically restrain my wife from going to work at times when she's heavy with flu or other infections, telling her nobody wants to catch her bloody lurgy :lol:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:18 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:46 am
I've been laid up with a nasty chest infection the last couple of days. Trying to use my PC last night for a short period, I coughed so hard I was sent forward as something in my chair broke and took me right along with it. I tried to tell people who had severe sounding coughs not to come around as Christina had already been off school ill, not until they had properly got rid of it, but no they still had to come coughing and spluttering all over the damn place. Why don't people bloody listen?
Probably couldn’t hear you over all the coughing. :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:27 am

Companies not telling you which courier they're going to use.

I have some medication being sent to me. I run out of my existing supply tomorrow. The replacements should have been here today. Only this morning I find out that it's been sent via Royal Mail, with no indication that this would be the case when I placed the order. There's another strike on Tuesday, so unless it comes on Monday I'm probably going to be going 4 or 5 days without it. I have no issue with Royal Mail, I support their strike action, but it would have been really useful to know I'd be affected by it and I'd have spent an extra couple of quid for the change to another courier, because now I'll probably have yet another thing affecting my ability to sleep for nearly a week.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 am

So, Microsoft repair centres.

My Surface Book 2 has an issue with the backlight. I returned it to Microsoft for repair on the 21st October. It was received by their repair centre on the 25th October... and I haven't heard a darn thing since. I am unable to contact the depot it was delivered to, as the telephone number provided is 'invalid'. The company (Ingram Micro) responsible for overseeing these repairs informed me that although the depot operates under their name, it is actually run by another company called CEVA. Contacting them yielded no results, as they apparently "Only deal with business users" and were adamant my device would not be with them. Attempts were made on my part to call other depots in the area - again, all to no avail.

In other words, my Surface Book 2 has vanished off the face of the planet and I paid over £600 for the privilege.

Thanks, Microsoft.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:09 am

If you sent the Surface to Microsoft and they sent it off to other places, your only port of call for an update should be Microsoft and it’s their responsibility to chase and to pay up if it’s been lost. If reminding them of that doesn’t work, go to the ombudsman.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:44 am

Yeah its on MS.

So I bought Witcher 3 on steam in the last sale for ease of Steamdeck use and its somehow deleted my bloody GoG saves. ](*,)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:18 pm

Cheers, I am attempting to get some sense out of them. Uphill struggle so far, but time will tell.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:49 am

I managed to get through to a Microsoft agent last night, who seemed keen to help initially... but then he dropped the call :(

At this point I may as well have withdrawn £2000 from my bank account / thrown it in the bin. Holy shit - this is tremendously poor service.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:47 am

Stick with it mate, do not let them win this.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:06 am

Paul wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:49 am
I managed to get through to a Microsoft agent last night, who seemed keen to help initially... but then he dropped the call :(
At this point I'd go straight to complaints rather than support, let them crack the whip internally.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:23 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:06 am
Paul wrote:
At this point I'd go straight to complaints rather than support, let them crack the whip internally.
This. The second you stop getting what you need, demand to speak to their manager. If they are not available, demand a call from them and a time that they will call (always take names as you go too, in case of a thundering complaint email down the line). If they don't, more ammo for you.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:24 pm

Anyhow. The utter fucking crud that shows up on the YouTube front page before you log in. Surely this utterly retarded fucking ballhang is not genuinely popular?
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:23 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:06 am
Paul wrote:
This. The second you stop getting what you need, demand to speak to their manager. If they are not available, demand a call from them and a time that they will call (always take names as you go too, in case of a thundering complaint email down the line). If they don't, more ammo for you.
Cheers guys. I'll get on it - things are just hectic at the moment, so this issue which would normally warrant far more attention is kinda on the backburner. I shall summon my inner ultra-Karen, or whatever it is the cool kids say these days.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:45 pm

I finally got some assistance.

It turns out that despite the instructions very clearly stating that I should return only the tablet (I mean, it was explicit - to the point of being all 'IF U SEND US UR KEYBOARD UR NOT GETTING IT BACK LOL'), I was supposed to send both parts of the laptop, because yes. Rather than me sending the keyboard along to the same depot, they instead insist that they return the screen to me. Once received, I am to ship the entire laptop to them... because also yes.

Fuck you, Microsoft. Fuck. You.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:12 am

Lmao, what a shitshow.

Aside from all this, was your surface book any good?