The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Mantis » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Beer52 are a massive pain in the arse to deal with. I don't know if they've updated their systems a bit over the last year, but when I was first signed up to it for a while you couldn't actually cancel your subscription without manually phoning their helpline. It took me ages to actually cancel as I could never get through because it was too busy and then when I finally did the guy on the line seemed only a step away from refusing to cancel it for me, he was absolutely determined to give me some sort of staying on benefits and dragged the call out for about 15 minutes longer than it should have been.

Then when they did finally cancel it they billed me for the next month anyway and I had a right faff trying to get the money back because they wouldn't refund me until they'd confirmed that the beer hadn't already shipped, which they seemed to have very little idea about where it was.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:35 pm

They used to send me promo letters for me to sign up to them, even though I'd never heard of them nor gave them my details.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:00 pm

Rusty wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:25 pm
God job on sticking it out and doing the right thing. As you say, too many people would just give up
I would give up if not for the fact that I'm £18 out of pocket. They charged my credit card as soon as I placed the order, when most reputable businesses tend to charge on dispatch.

If it comes to it I'll tell my bank to cancel the charge, but I think I have to allow 30 days for them to deliver under online purchasing laws. What a farce.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Can also vouch for the shitness of Beer52. I lost my rag with the guy I was speaking to - although I pointed out my anger was with the organ grinder rather than the monkey. He would not let me just end the conversation so I ended up saying something along the lines of "OK enough. I am blocking you from taking any more payments. If you want to send me what will be free beer then be my guest but I am not giving you another fucking penny".

Now if the wankers would acknowledge 'unsubscribe' I would be marginally happy. Such a shame, as the premise is a lovely one: beer delivered to your door each month.

Problem is that it is so bloody overpriced. Brewdog will send me 48 cans for about the same amount of £, all excellent. I object to 10 small cans and bottles for £26 though, especially when they include obscenities like 'Bubblegum porter' and 'cream soda IPA' - if folks are stupid enough to try and brew shit like that then that's up to them but I refuse to empower them by buying the filth, even by proxy!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:57 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:00 pm
Rusty wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:25 pm
God job on sticking it out and doing the right thing. As you say, too many people would just give up
I would give up if not for the fact that I'm £18 out of pocket. They charged my credit card as soon as I placed the order, when most reputable businesses tend to charge on dispatch.

If it comes to it I'll tell my bank to cancel the charge, but I think I have to allow 30 days for them to deliver under online purchasing laws. What a farce.
Reporting them has finally kicked them into gear and they've issued a refund. They've also said if the order ever turns up then don't bother sending it back. :lol: A true "please god stop bothering us" response if I've ever seen one.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:27 pm

Noice. My mum is like you. When she's on a complain mission she never stops until she gets what she wants:)
-- To be completed at some point --

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm

"There's no car in the drive so there's nobody at home." - almost every courier that delivers to me. An Amazon courier today didn't even bother knocking, they just dumped my parcel behind my bins (which is fine, you can't see that area from the street) and marked it delivered.

I know couriers don't exactly have great working conditions, but they could at least *try* to see if anyone's home.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:57 pm
"There's no car in the drive so there's nobody at home." - almost every courier that delivers to me. An Amazon courier today didn't even bother knocking, they just dumped my parcel behind my bins (which is fine, you can't see that area from the street) and marked it delivered.

I know couriers don't exactly have great working conditions, but they could at least *try* to see if anyone's home.
I think it's a Christmas thing (or at least exacerbated by it). Usually the couriers knock at the door but for the past few weeks every parcel has been left either by our front or back gate and marked delivered.

Spending less time on each delivery means they can do more in a day.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:34 pm

Yeah, I get that. To be clear, I don't blame the individual couriers, I blame the companies that force this level of urgency.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:15 am

Rossell wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:35 pm
They used to send me promo letters for me to sign up to them, even though I'd never heard of them nor gave them my details.
And just like that I've had another fucking promo letter through the post.

Fuck off you shitty beered bunch of cunts.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:15 am
Rossell wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:35 pm
And just like that I've had another fucking promo letter through the post.

Fuck off you shitty beered bunch of cunts.
I too got an unsolicited Beer52 offer in the post today, which reminded me to cancel my sub that I didn't want to sign up for in the first place. 25 minutes in a call queue and the guy tried to give me the hard sell, which I didn't appreciate. Will be deleting my account as soon as the cancellation confirmation comes through.

It's such a stupid way to do business. Their prices are insane (worked out at £3 per 330ml can of beer they sent me), so I'd never go in without a substantial discount or price reduction. But even ignoring that, a subscription service that makes it a total pain in the arse to cancel is never going to attract me back. If it was easy to cancel online and it was about 50% cheaper, I'd probably give it a go every few months, but instead they've destroyed any chance of ever having me as a customer again. I wouldn't even consider claiming another free crate at this point, as it wasn't worth the effort for the one I got.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:23 pm

...the fact that 2022 is pronounced 2020 too... ¬_¬
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:51 am

Anti-vax bellends being tolerated. Seen a piece in the news today about that utter bell-end Piers Corbyn leading his bunch of deluded thickos into a test and trace centre (mistakenly thinking it is a vaccination centre) and causing loads of hassle for the people working there. No arrests.

Their views are such an affront to common sense, honestly just section the lot of them. Corbyn they can fire out of a cannon into the sun.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:14 am

The local Tory MP Ben Everitt described the protesters as “dickheads” and urged anyone with information to contact police.
I see we're moving on from copying American politics and moving on to the aussies. He's not wrong though.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:57 am

This may be a local issue, but dithering fucknuggets who seem obliged to drive 10mph below the speed limit. I enjoy driving but enjoy it safely, I like to stretch the legs of my car when the roads permit. I have no issue with being in traffic, but there are a lot of nice roads around where I live that have a 50 or 60 limit but on which around 20% of the population are incapable of going above 40mph.

I overtook one yesterday who became absolutely incensed that I had the temerity to do so, putting his full beam on while going beetroot red in the face screaming and gesticulating. He was going 40mph on a 60mph road, I had plenty of space and overtook him cleanly. Also yesterday I had the misfortune to have to follow another driver from one side of the town to the other who refused to go above 20mph at any time and then braked for corners! It seems impossible to have a sensible conversation about road usage without being tarred as some wannabe Michael Schumacher who is a terror to other road users when that isn't the case at all.

Sign me up...
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018